So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Aaah. Now, you’re pushing at an open door there Gus.

To be fair 50 or 60 over matches have always been part of the sport in my lifetime & I can enjoy it for what it is. The 20 over version is a lunatic idea from stupid minds & I’ve never watched it, nor will I. There’s a new one, 100 balls each side, being introduced soon.

The colours, the razamataz, music between overs and OCD microphone people set my teeth on edge.

The magnificently pompous Henry Blofeld summed it up nicely when he bemoaned that he wished the cricket authorities would cease inventing versions of the game for those who don’t like cricket.

But, all that said & agreed, yesterday’s was a tiny bit special.

6 Likes

More importantly, speel chick altered my Bloefeld to Blofeld. Proper “wow” to that.p

6 Likes

Or in the case of Ambridge, 99

5 Likes

Steady on, old thing!
(Really, he isn’t)

5 Likes

It’s all sportsball to me.

yardarm

6 Likes

I frightened fellow-shoppers in Lidl with mad cackling earlier. I blame Yon Fish.

There were boxes emblazoned with Stoats , and snot fair.

6 Likes

They didn’t stun you, then?
Soo xx

6 Likes

'Tisn’t my fault! I blame the author who wrote it (and whose name for a moment escapes me).

6 Likes

It is at least partly your fault. I didn’t have a mental image of a skeletal stoat embedded in someone’s buttock until you mentioned it, after all…

PS: there was a woman with a great superfluity of buttock just in front of me. Which helped, or didn’t, depending how one looks at it.

6 Likes

Tanith Lee, Heart-Beast (1992).

6 Likes

Not Arse -Beast? How disappointing.

6 Likes

According to a review, “Heart Beast is a werewolf version of Wuthering Heights with a shade of Gormenghast thrown in for good measure. It is not quite as good as its influences”. Well, no… And I have a pretty low opinion of Wuthering Heights.

6 Likes

And now I am having a little lie-down.
Have planned an Interesting cauliflower salad for supper and feel quite unequal to wrestling with vegetables right now.

Fried squeaky cheese might also happen…
Will report in due course.

5 Likes

I am inexpressibly relieved to hear it, dere.

6 Likes

Ooh. That looks rather yum.

(Though cauliflower is still an excellent vehicle for a cheese sauce.)

6 Likes

And now I share the mental image. I have no idea what the pair of you are talking about (quite possibly no desire to know) but I share the mental image.

6 Likes

As do I, TFM…
The cauli salad looks yummy. We’re about to make crispy butterbean and kale salad.
Soo xx

6 Likes

A not infrequent phenomenon, that…

Briefly: avoid piles of leaves when contemplating extra-mural copulation or you’ll get a dead stoat stuck in yer bum.

6 Likes

Thank you for that extremely useful advice, I promise to bear it in mind.

6 Likes

I admire the man, not least for his other-Worldyness and pre-Portillo wardrobe. But be fair, he didn’t exactly come up from Wolverhampton Poly via Castle Hill Secondary Modern.

Henry’s the sort of man who would have an opinion about, if not first-hand experience of, embedded stoats and have no compunction about it.

7 Likes