So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I hope that this is the case, joe. Best to be safe, though.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Yes, exercise is Good For You. I hope it works.

What I have been doing today is washing the kitchen floor. Repeatedly. Yesterday evening I opened the fridge and a small bottle of what is called “Granny Juice” (for historical reasons) leapt suicidally off a shelf and onto the tiled floor, where it broke. If I tell you that this stuff is so sticky that the fragments of the bottle mostly stayed where they were, stuck in it, and only the largest bits went more than a foot from the site of impact, you get the idea. After that it spread out in a puddle, and the whole of that end of the kitchen became instantaneously sticky by some sort of horrible capillary action. And in order to get the few bits of glass from the edges I used the hoover without thinking, so now that is sticky too, and what I do about that I have no idea.

I washed the floor last night often enough to be sure there were no bits of glass left for a DDD to find with her dear feet. Then I washed it a couple more times because I was still sticking to it when I walked over it. Oh, and I also washed the rug at that end of the kitchen and that does seem to be unsticky this morning praise the Lord.

This morning I washed the floor, took the DDD for a walk while it dried, washed it because it was still sticky, went and had my warfarin check, washed it because it was still sticky… Shortly I shall go out and get some more distilled water for use in the steam mop and the iron, and then I can wash it again again.

Gaaaah.

7 Likes

Nightmare, Fishers.
Erm - wot wozzin that bottle? I intend to rid the hive of any such malignant liquid.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Ooo narsty stuff on the floor dear fishy

And Joe I need you well for a couple of weeks’ time…

I am ridiculously excited about Dublin!

6 Likes

Likewise! Apart from everything else, I missed Christmas and New Year, so I have no intention of missing my birthday (well, slightly belated…)

7 Likes

Soo, I said it was a bottle of Granny Juice.

Granny Juice is a recipe given to my grandmother on the way across the Atlantic on a ship, by a Southern woman who said the recipe had been her mother’s.

Take six oranges, or six lemons, or three of each. (Limes are not as good.)
Zest them into a large bowl.
Juice them into the same bowl.
Add a two-pound bag of sugar.
Add one ounce tartaric acid
Add two ounces citric acid
Pour on a full kettle of boiling water.
Stir until the sugar has dissolved, and when the liquid is cool, bottle it.

To serve, mix with between six and ten times as much water, to taste. Also goes well in vodka.

Keeps in the fridge for up to two years, or until some fool drops it.

6 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, Fishers. I have no such liquid in stock.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Nor have I any more. (sob)

6 Likes

You’ll get over it, eventually.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Ooo that sounds wonderful

Yon Bull likes lemon ice lollies and my home made lemonade needs more oomph to freeze nicely with flavour lost at -18C

Granny juice could be my saviour

6 Likes

So will the kitchen floor, Soo. It’s either that or move house.

It does make reasonable lollies, twellies.

6 Likes

Alternatively, you could put down Lino…

6 Likes

As you say, gaaaah! Pore Fish.

6 Likes

Finally being called for scan…

…which apparently means moving to a different waiting room

6 Likes

You do realise they are going to tell you to avoid long periods of inactivity/in the same position, don’t you?

Hope you are seen soon. Fingers crossed, tenters hitched etc

6 Likes

I am crossing my fingers for Joe, which makes washing the floor impossible. (hee hee hee)

Seriously, I hope all is well, Joe.

6 Likes

All digits crossed here Joe

7 Likes

It reminds me, sadly, of the time that Mam had spent 12 hours on her bedroom floor and when she was admitted to hospital they kept her on a trolley for virtually the same length of time. Grrrrr.

Anyhoo - I hope that joe’s scan is assessed toot sweet and that all is well.

Soo xx

4 Likes

I’m so relieved you explained, though I imagine liquidised grannies would make rather a mess on the kitchen floor.

Even my legs are crossed.

7 Likes

No, TFM, that would be Granny purée or a Granny smoothie. For Granny juice one has to halve and squeeze the old lady then strain to remove any pips, pacemakers etc.

8 Likes