So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Gus and I’ll have the gin, Carinthia and Feral can have the vodka. For a control group we will have a businessman wot hasn’t bin payin’ his bills, waitin’ for a friendly chat wiv me Bruvver. He gets a paper cup of water.

6 Likes

Sounds good to me

What about Fishy?

7 Likes

I’m back, Darlings

The fault was at the junction box with fibre ‘plugs’ - Technical Term, M’Lud

The poor man had to 'phone India to report it & get permission to change them

Itizz Epic & Biblical here, forran change

Ooh

Vodka

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Ticks chatelaine off worriting list…

Starts really worriting about TFM

7 Likes

While I’m quite as prepared to worrit as the next Cellarite, do we actually know where on IoM TFM is based?

6 Likes

Bless you all for worrying about me but I’m fine - so far! Laxey is NE IoM and I’m in the SW. I was relieved when TFD got home a few minutes ago though, he was in Douglas this am, which is mid-E. The rain has eased a bit now and our met office say it will clear mid afternoon.

7 Likes

Good to see you TFM

I am never happy unless I have someone to worry about

7 Likes

I do feel for the Laxey residents, they seem to suffer flooding on a regular basis. Four years ago, this happened…

laxeybus

7 Likes

That doesn’t look very helpful. I hope nobody was injured?

6 Likes

Thankfully not. There were no passengers on board and the driver escaped unhurt. It was fatal for the bus though, and it took quite a few days to remove it.

6 Likes

Oooh, a Dead Bus (always a source of excitement in the Gusly household, though seldom seen actually drownded)

6 Likes

Ah, but have you met the bus-crows wot dispose of them?

6 Likes

Alas, no.

6 Likes

We had a bin lorry eaten by our ditches a few years ago

It looked so sad on its roof waving its wheels in the air

It was weeks before it was recovered

The lorry now reverses 50 yards to our hovel and drives away leaving the bit of road that overturned it untraversed by bin lorries

7 Likes

Oooh. Thunder. Feeble so far, but one can hope. The rain when it comes (again) is going to be E. & B., though. Which will be very disappointing for the cat, who went out about twenty minutes ago after I dissuaded him from trying to eat the cable of me circular needle. It’s so obviously a Cat Toy, and I am every kind of Rotten Mean Thing…

7 Likes

The Bengals ignore my knitting

Until the ball of wool starts bouncing around

The Bengal boy likes my knitting tool box

He steals the tools and plays with them

My needle measuring tool is his current favourite to steal

8 Likes

Rain has been on and off here all day. One measly thunderclap. Pah.

6 Likes

If the ball of wool bouncing attracts the unwanted attention of Furry Little Verminoids (it is a quotation) might getting one of those boxes you put the wool into and it comes out through a hole in the top fix the problem? Or making a careful hole in the lid of a kilner-ish jar and feeding the wool up through it, with the ball inside the jar? Or doing what someone I knew did and using a teapot with a broken spout that dribbled irredeemably, and feeding the wool out through the spout? (She couldn’t bear to get rid of it because it had belonged to her mother, so that was a use for a sentimental relic.)

6 Likes

I saw a video about Shetland Wool Week where the children who were doing Fairisle knitting wore a sort of belt with a ‘cartouche’ onnit & the different colours were fed through holes in the top of it

It was most impressive

That & the fact that children were using 4 needles (!)

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

That is Expert Stuff, that is.

5 Likes