So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I have never learned to knit with 4 needles. OMCB was an Expert knitter though and I remember watching her knitting Fair Isle and reading a book at the same time, a skill which mystified me then and still does.

6 Likes

It is quite fun to be in the loft when thunder happens.

5 Likes

The film was lovely& was from ‘Promote Shetland’

I can’t share it, of course, as it is on FaceAche & I don’t know how to

Sigh

Look up ‘Shetland Peerie Makkers’ - there are now 20 of these groups of children learning to knit in the traditional manner

I have found www.shetland.org

It’s only a 5 minute film

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Knitting with 2 needles or one circular needle is about my limit

I now have had to put my knitting down as the spotted Clown is curled up on my pattern

6 Likes

p’raps?

6 Likes

Yerran Clever Birdie, but you knew that… :grin:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I aten’t three needles clever. Mebbe two, briefly.

7 Likes

Watching film of this, especially in the town of Yaxey. Proper wet.

Hoping our TFM is away from all this. x

6 Likes

Just read this. Good-oh (though what a lovely place it seems).

7 Likes

It’s really not that difficult. There are two types of thing in the universe:

1. cats
  2. cat toys
7 Likes

< sigh > True, o joe.

6 Likes

And where exactly do hens fit into that rule?

5 Likes

Item 2, obviously! Ever SEEN a cat backing in through the cat-flap, hauling (live) hen (which was trying to object)?

7 Likes

No; I have seen it done with a blackbird, but hens, in my experience, are quite capable of giving a cat the evils.

6 Likes

What worries me is the magpie that a friend’s cat brought in while she was out at work and progressively dismembered all round the house… How the hell does a cat get an evil bastart magpie through the cat flap? All the evidence suggested that the unfortunate corvid was still very much alive when introduced to the house. The details you don’t want.

At least the late lamented Queen of Hair and Darkness only brought in very lively small rodents. I spent a great deal of time rescuing them. Not because it was a frequent occurrence, but because they are bloody hard for (me) to catch; and the young rat bit me, ungrateful wee sod.

8 Likes

LadySusan’s man (LordSusan) was peacefully watching the racing on the telly one afternoon when a young rabbit hopped across the carpet. Pursued by Conrad, obviously.

And it may be coincidence, but if LadySusan is absent for the evening, Conrad tends to fetch in some livestock. We think he thinks of it as ‘Boys’ Night In’.

8 Likes

I can think of a few questions Lady Susan ought perhaps to be asking, but this is a respectable message board.

Ish.

8 Likes

I think I gottem, Gus.
Soo xx

8 Likes

One of our Siamese cats would present me with Fresh Food, Janie. Always on the creamest part of the Turkish rug. Naturally, I was always grateful, particularly as Mr Bee was never in the hive for her offerings…

Soo xx

7 Likes

I just got an Amber Alert - as did the whole of the rest of the province who have smart phones. If I see a 280 lb 6 foot tall man in a gold pickup with five, count them, five children (who share his last name so it’s obviously their father) I will be sure to call 911. Only the abduction took place in Niagara and I am in Ottawa, so it is unlikely. Nevertheless, I will keep my eyes peeled.

Still, I should not complain. At least it was during waking hours and bilingual. The last one came through at 3 AM (it makes this horrendous blaring sound) … in English only. So … just as everyone was getting back to sleep, half an hour later, another alert came through in French!

6 Likes