So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Oh, childer. Happy to beat any ovvem to a pulp that venture in here, no problem.
I don’t mind swans as such, just the PR spin you are putting on 'em.

Carinthia, Brock will do you no harm. Pelting it with toffees would be unkind.
Gxxx

5 Likes

It was fascinating -I have never seen a ‘real’ one before, but I don’t want to have to think about it - where it is living in this very urban environment

We have enuff wiv the Sodding Foxes, which neighbours insist on feeding

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Ach Gus I am just a daft old bat who has the flaw of seeing beasties as rather better than us higher primates

6 Likes

Twellsy, I cannot imagine anything I might have said to give you the idea that I particularly rate homo sapiens. If I have, I must have been drunk or stunned at the time.

But I still maintain that swans are bitey and hissy and, not to put too fine a point on it, fecking massive. Doesn’t mean I wish them ill.

5 Likes

Just woke up with an image of fake swans made out of plastic explosive in order to disrupt the swan-upping.

Terrorist incident or performance art project? You decide.

yardarm

5 Likes

Har har, that’ll teach you to mock me dream-badger, young Sparrer-me-lad. Matthew Bourne a mate of yours at all?

That might just work… I mean, a bloody grate bird going ‘Kaboom!’ in an unscheduled manner could be expected to cause a bit of a hiatus in most classes of proceeding.

6 Likes

Ooo Gus Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake is stunning

5 Likes

I’ve just been checking availability for May’s performances. Should have done this earlier - my friend is prolly cross that I have left it so late. We’ll see…

I hope that Hannah wasn’t/isn’t too beastly, Twellsy.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Ach Susu

This house is tucked safely in amongst trees that shelter and cuddle it

And it’s like me - a wrinkly old survivor

We even hit it lucky and had only a couple of blink type of power outages

4 Likes

That one’s in the other place, Twellsy :wink:

It’s a bit of a grey day, hereabouts. Mr Bee wants to attack brambles etc. at his Dad’s resting place, so I’ll take a good book.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Ooops!

At least I got the first letter right Soo wee bee

Off to play at a rally tomorrow

That will be fun

Oooeerrr got a note telling me to let others play here

Byeeeee

4 Likes

Consider yourself pardoned, Twellsy.
Soo xx

2 Likes

Thank you wee bee

Gin?

3 Likes

Always. Thank you.

Mr Bee’s battery-powered strimmer made short shrift of the overgrowth. I had hardly made myself comfortable with book etc. than he was back in the car. So, we’re back home.

Soo xx

5 Likes

On the subject of swans:

5 Likes

That looks good, Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

We didn’t get any so we can’t say. It was in the farm-shop at the farm run by twin brothers, Edward and William.

We did buy some Guernsey milk, and several other cheeses: you wouldn’t get on with any of them, because they are all blue. Blue Vinney, Gabriel Blue, Blue 16, and Barkham Blue; the last is made with milk from that farm.

It is our nearest cheese shop, I think, ten miles away in a direction which goes to nowhere we actually go all that much. That’s why I didn’t know it was there; last time I stopped at that farm they sold only milk, apple juice from their own apples, butter and cream, and they had an honesty box in a tiny outhouse where the fridge was. Now it is a full-fledged farm-shop selling vegetables and meat and all sorts of cheese as well as their own farm produce.

Why were we there? We were on our way back from visiting the Very Famous local bluebell wood, which was at it magnificent best. DDD had a lovely walk.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Back in the day when I could eat Blue Cheese, I used to love Blue Vinney

Gawds, it’s a very long time ago now

Guernsey milk as milk is abit ‘rich’ for me these days

I remember the beautiful bluebell woods near where Mr C was playing cricket, many moons ago . It was ‘Opening Time’ ( so a very long time ago), & a friend & I went to the Pub’ to make sure that the Beer was fit for the cricketers to drink…

Ahem

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

This and the pic made me smile, bigly.
Soo xx

5 Likes