So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Yep Bose

But now using Sony loudspeakers as the proper ones didn’t arrive yet!

5 Likes

No clue about sound systems, chez bee, but I am glad if all is well with them.

Tired bee, off to bed.
Best dreams,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Dahlink

You needs Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

You are right, my love…
I’ll take it upstairs.
Soo xxxx

5 Likes

You are in for a treat when they do! (Of course, you’ll have to go through the whole calibration rigmarole again - that’s when you really appreciate an automated system…)

6 Likes

Will Crawford Howard sound good?

6 Likes

Surely the acoustics of a living room will change rather a lot depending on how many bodies are where in it?

6 Likes

All the more reason to get them under the patio sharpish; and besides, scatter-corpses are so passé, dahlink

7 Likes

That is true wee birdie but I am not sensitive enough to notice such differences.

Did you have a good day out?

6 Likes

Recycling Bins tonight

Wet & windy too

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Depends on the furnishings. High ceiling, wood floor, painted walls - very resonant; introduction of squashy bits can have a significant dampening effect. Carpets, wallpaper, soft chairs - the room will be virtually anechoic. The real issue is standing waves creating peaks - hence the eq adjustment.

5 Likes

Have you the correct niglygiggle on for bin wrangling?

6 Likes

Stone walls and flooring with a high wooden ceiling

And no curtains as we are Bengal slaves and recognise the stupidity of trying to make it a soft gentle home

6 Likes

That Bird was posting while was was havin’ supper…

Home now; very tired, but happy. It was a good day. I expect photies will follow (the bins are pretty much wrangled at this point).

Tired, tired

5 Likes

It’s all rather academic, TBH. At the sort of volume levels you’d be using at home (in most circumstances!) you won’t really notice anything. The room will be very bright, though, so a decent bit of high-end roll-off won’t do any harm. Again, that’s what the auto-eq is for!

If you still use vinyl, it’s more of an issue—you can get feedback from the cartridge.

All of which reminds me - I really need to get my system out of storage and rebuilt…

5 Likes

Wash your mouth out, Twellsy

Jade green velvet tonight…

Snell Snyff

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

In my old place I had a long narrow room lined with books on both sides. It was great!

I’ll put the photographs up tomorrow, in a bunch of separate posts. Maybe even in a new thread.

6 Likes

Of course, there are those who don’t really consider it “surround” until you at the very least get to octophony… :wink:

The system I got to play with in Italy was fun:

6 Likes

Apparently the Heos satellite speakers need access to the web via the router

Gawds radio that needs the interweb is beyond me

What happened on and off switches?

4 Likes

Oooo

Fresh bread and bacon with butter for the crusts on offer her

We has men clambering over the conservatory roof removing moss and then putting stuff onto the bits of the roof holding up the plexiglass to seal the roof and kill off leaks

Why am I of the opinion that this is not going to cure all leaks?

At least we are no longer lower than the flower bed and so getting water in under the wall!

If it makes it in that way I expect to be long gone before the nice stone terrace erodes away to permit water into the conservatory under it

7 Likes