So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Thank-you, & have a lovely time

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

We are going to stab city to collect said sound system

I may be in a Flying Tiger shop which has all sorts of kitchen bits and bobs

Ooo the excitement of carved tools

4 Likes

I replaced a hi-fi stack with a box about 4 inches square…

And a gurt server in the machine room of course.

4 Likes

I didn’t know, or rather, was uncertain, where that was. I looked it up & my assumption … immaculate or otherwise … was correct.

“With fewer than 100,000 residents, Limerick, which straddles the mouth of the River Shannon, has been trying for years to live down its reputation as “Stab City”, a nickname acquired a decade ago because of a spate of fatal knife attacks in a time of high unemployment … .”.

Since then the violence in the city has escalated.

2 Feb 2007"

So, the inference that high unemployment caused it warrants challenging then.

Personally I always put it down to bad, uncontrolled people, with knives.

6 Likes

Stab City, complete with its own Plague Pit…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Orf on a Jolly. Photies later as I am too lazy to upload them one at a time.

5 Likes

Will there be Beer, Dunnock ?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[shocked sparrer]

Of course.

4 Likes

I’m always bemused by the pro-gun argument that “If you criminalise guns, only criminals will have guns”.

It also makes them considerably easier to identify.

5 Likes

:beers:

Pleased to hear it

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Am back

Yon Bull is in techie heaven

A full cinema surround sound set of speakers and all the amp gubbins and satellite speakers including blueteeth jobbies for R4 in the garden (he knows how to persuade me that his sound system is a good thing!)

The speakers for the living room had been diverted so Bose will be sending repacements

A proper music shop with great audio kit and musical instruments

I refrained from getting a bongo kit for B’s weeans

That shows how fond of her I am

5 Likes

Savins?

5 Likes

That’s the one

The nice man who runs it has a date with me to investigate gin bars in the city…

Do I drive everyone I meet to gin?

5 Likes

I hope not. You don’t want to be the driver every time.

Did a fair bit of business with Savins back in the day. Think I bought my first PA there, about thirty years ago.

5 Likes

Well the Bull is happily assembling things and contemplating all sorts of bits of kit and generally having techie fun

I am happily watching him…

5 Likes

If you really want to have fun, suggest putting some music on while he’s working… :wink:

5 Likes

He would just go for the bluetooth speaker and phone…

I have hurled his dinner in the oven and gently place my sossiges in the oven too

5 Likes

Now he is playing with cables and a soldering iron

5 Likes

Aaaaagh now it’s a set up microphone

I can’t cope!

5 Likes

This is a Bose system, I think you said?

It’s pretty nifty, actually. The mic is used to do an automatic EQ of the room. There will shortly be (or, by now, probably has already been) a lot of hissing and rumbling as the room is flooded with pink noise. The system automatically calibrates to compensate for the room acoustics. It’s a good excuse to clear out and partake of something to calm your nerves…

I’ve had to do this manually in the past; it is a right royal pain. Worse, the measurements are always done in an empty hall, so the characteristics are completely different for the actual performance. At least, you hope they are…

5 Likes