So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Gentle hugs, Carinthia.

Best dreams, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Dahlink

You needs Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

A job for A Certain Sparrer’s bruvver?

“You are aware that you have to be disabled if you park there…”

5 Likes

I gave the evil eye to an Aston Martin & it’s driver who drove merrily into Disabled Space #1 yesterday. I hovered, so I could direct the obtuse glance at the cheating driver … who then limped out of the vehicle using 2 crutches.

I decided to look elsewhere.

7 Likes

I’m aware that there are lots of hidden disabilities too, Armrest, but they should display a badge to park in that spot

I was once shouted at in a Chesterfield car park, because I had, inadvertently,used a Parent & Child space.I moved to another spot ASAP, as it was a genuine mistake, but I was left shaken by the haranguing

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Correct, of course. I doubt this guy had one, but he was certainly, albeit maybe temporarily, in great difficulty walking. I have before now gone up to people & challenged them but in this instance thought, badge or no, it was appropriate to park there.

6 Likes

That’s a very valid point

Temporary & hidden disabilities should have their own badge, IMO, but that isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

(Thought I’d mentioned this before, but can’t find any trace, so apologies if I’m repeating myself)

My sister once gave me a thorough dressing-down for parking in a disabled space outside a private house. Her house. The house that was once our family home. The house I used to live in.

The space had been put there for the benefit of our mother.

Our late mother.

7 Likes

Drink, Joe

Hug too

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yeah, but once designated, don’t the spaces stay designated? There’s one at the top of our road and the person I am fairly sure it was created for dropped off his perch years ago.

This does not, of course, diminish or excuse the twattish tendencies of your sibling.

6 Likes

This is the sister you don’t speak to any more … I’m hoping.

6 Likes

It would be a tad difficult, without access to a good medium…

5 Likes

Hmmm…

Looking at that, it seems a bit glib. It was one of those situations where if you’re in it, you’ve had years to consider your feelings, but to anyone on the outside…

The fact is there’d been a bit of a rift and it was only after our mother’s death that a (tentative) reconciliation was attempted. As the above might suggest, it didn’t start well…

5 Likes

I thought that my family was awkward.

5 Likes

Joe

Much fellow feeling

I refuse to speak to my sister having decided some time ago aged 43 that nobody was ever going to cause me upset or offer violence in my own home

It works for me

Helped by distance and residing in a separate jurisdiction

Sad when families break down but it happens and we just have to make the best of life without familial ties

I am lucky in having a goodly number of outlaws who are wonderfully diverse and gifted in their own ways so I admire and love em all

Think of 5 like yon Bull with spouses similarly terrifyingly intelligent but gentle and kind folk

6 Likes

We are off out for the day, so I had better call a

yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm

before we go.

5 Likes

Fellow feeling from here too

Brother’s oddities & quirks have been evident for almost 60 years, & are going to haunt me from beyond his grave fer years to come, at this rate

Sigh

He managed to imagine himself into a whole Noo life story , & the JWs ‘embroidered’ the rest…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

At least we are lucky and have good friends dear My friends matter a whole lot to me even if I don’t see them that often

6 Likes

Yon Bull is all excited today

His fancy surround sound system arrived so he is putting oodles of cable into conduits and so not readily being dust catchers strung around the living room like last year’s party streamers

5 Likes

Conduits good; eye, not so good.
Sure, it will be fine. …

5 Likes