So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I’ve always been rather worried about those Scottish Widows ads. Has no one ever thought to question all these attractive young women marrying (presumably older) men with generous life insurance?

8 Likes

One assumes that a number of them go on to marry the investigating officers.

7 Likes

… and old & quite poorly ?

8 Likes

Old, bandy-legged but remarkably fit until his last illness… :wink:

He used to drive my Aunt into Dungarvan (the nearest town). She said that it would be quicker to walk…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Goodness - quite the image to take up the apples and pears.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Soo

You needs Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I once hitched from Dungarvan to Clonmel after missing the bus (“When’s the next one?” “Tuesday” This was on Saturday…). 25 miles. I was just over halfway before I got a lift.

6 Likes

Love it, Joe !

I was last in both places 3 years ago, & before that,it had been 32 years since I had been in Ireland. I felt that Dungarvan was the same as ever,& that Clonmel had smartened itself up quite a bit.

I was falling over Memories at every turn, really.

Aforementioned Aunt who could walk faster than John Sheehan drove used to drive us into Dungarvan in the pony & trap , & that was certainly faster than John Sheehan drove

She was formidable, was Aunt Mary…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Aforementioned Aunt was my Irish Grandfather’s First Love

He was seen as the Great White Hope who would come to save the farm, so he married her older sister, my Grandmother

Aunt Mary, as was her right, lived with them on the farm, & was an Formidable Thorn in their sides until my Grandmother died 58 years ago

She continued to niggle him until he died, & then seized almost complete control over the Irish Fambly…

She adored my Father (Buggas for having Favourites, the Irish), who was an Very Naughty Boy, & was, at least kind to my Mother, which her sister had never been . My Mother, even as a very young woman, was fair to the point of stupidity, but steely in her determination .I think that Aunt Mary found her worthy…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

It’s actually not raining!

For now. Lots forecast later.

yardarm

5 Likes

The Cat Test says otherwise. He is palpably damp; and also Aggrieved.

5 Likes

Rain?

I am under that lot shoving it east

6 Likes

You’ll be having fun on Thursday, I gather.

5 Likes

I thought there was a bit of a breeze coming when I checked the pressure charts for the week

Whoopeee

6 Likes

5 Likes

Do you need help with that wee birdie?

Hopeful look

6 Likes

Silly Bugga

It’s empty…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Well I had a lovely hour just now

Seeing our new neighbour and cuddling her while her mother had a break

A new born infant is so nice to cuddle and hand back when they are hungry

6 Likes

No accounting, dere, for tastes. But I am glad you enjoyed it.

6 Likes

Note that I handed the wee girl back

I would likely have fed the child gin to keep her quiet

Seriously babies I can cope with

But from a year old to adulthood I am happy for others to cope with young humans

6 Likes