So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Reeeaaalllly???

I don’t care as long as you enjoyed em dear one

7 Likes

Happy memories of Scone Wars!

Have enjoyed a Good Day Out, visiting our birds of prey and scoffing grub at the nearest hostelry. I am now considering a rather large punnet of mushrooms and their possible conversion into a curried state (this will be 'fridged and saved for tomorrow).

Soo xx

7 Likes

One of the smelliest men ever travelled from Leamington Spa to Birmingham NS

I heaved several sighs of relief , not to mention anything else, when he got off…

We now have the deeply savoury smell of warm Cornish Pasty…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Here is your Birmingham New Street Survival Guide, a quick route to the Wellington (15 handpumps)…

6 Likes

At Derby now
Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We have just eaten the remains of a truly delicious snake and tiddly pie made with puff pastry.

With special mash wot has onions in it.

And some cabbage and onion we had about our persons for some reason.

All reheated and none the worse for that!

Yum.

6 Likes

Happy memories of meals shared.

Soo xx

6 Likes

The kitchen here still stinks of burnt S&K

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Reheating some slightly elderly (but me-made) curry. What could possibly go wrong… [some other bugger with whiskers and fur could snaffle it, thass wot]

7 Likes

I once lost a veggie curry, rather a hot one with lots of cauli & onions in it, to a lab. I expected diarrhoea (thanks Grandad for ensuring I’d always remember how to spell that correctly, I remember you every time I use the word) to ensue but it did not. It was however 24 hours before we could bear to share a room with him again.

6 Likes

One feels one should not ask. But equally, one can assure you that one’s imaginings may well be considerably worse than the reality. There being usually a perceptible difference between spelling lessons and toxic waste removal.

6 Likes

Dash In A Rush, Run, Hurry, Or Else Accident. I was 6 at the time.

7 Likes

Oh, that is excellent ;- ) And very - and self-evidently - memorable.

6 Likes

Very fine indeed.

6 Likes

I had bacon & eggs onnan Staffordshire Oatcake

Am now having an Beer

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

AttaChatelaine is wot I say
Gxxx

6 Likes

Morning all

We await a carpenter to remove an electric pole from the middle of our living room

And the half tree (including bark) that is attached to the wall atop the inglenook fireplace

This all brings me great joy

5 Likes

I thought the big storm wasn’t until tomorrow? :slight_smile:

yardarm

5 Likes

I got one for £2 off the market. I made creamed & peppered mushrumps to the point of distraction & ate them on toast for days.

Also, the biggest strongenough you ever did see. Meat (I’m told) is optional (whisper … it isn’t).

Yesterday I bought this for £3.50.

o

I feel an oncoming of Cheshire Onion Soup.

6 Likes

‘Punnet’ strikes me as a word which missed its true vocation. Its natural habitat is in phrases such as “Can’t go there again: made a complete punnet of myself last time” and so on.

6 Likes