So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Fishy

I am possibly infectious with wotevva lurgy so I am left I peace with my machine that beeps to try to protect folk from my gerrrrummms

7 Likes

I hope that you manage to rest, Twellsy. Good night to you and all.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Gin,Soo

Don’t ferget it

I’m pleased to hear that someone remembers how to do barrier nursing . My Late Father couldn’t bear being on his own in the room,& would nip out in the middle of the night to have a cup of tea with the staff

Sigh

Eventually, he had to have a ‘minder’ , so an exceedingly expensive ‘bank staff’ nurse would have to sit with him all night

Sigh again

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Good night all and restful sleep, especially to the enlurged among us and those taking Beastly Tablets.
G xxx

6 Likes

Beastly Tablets consumed,& I’m still awake

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I like to think they make you sizzle slightly while on consecrated ground. Just think of the wording in the patient leaflet for that.
But mainly, I hope you can go to bed soon and get some decent sleep before taking the Counteracting Beastly Tablets tablets.
Persisting it down here.
Am vilely depressed, which I have enough self-awareness, just about, to attribute to the Lurg. But not being in durance vile, unlike our Twellers - wotcha Twellsy! bing! bong! - I should really pull my socks up. Or indeed off. It being well past bed time really.
How about a synchronised flump?
G xx

6 Likes

Wivvan Unfeasibly Large Drink ?

I’m up for that

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Oh, a positively Enormous drink, Dahlink. We are not, after all, amateurs. May I have a tea chaser, though?

6 Likes

I have had a few hours of sleep thanks to the little white pills
Am on O2 and the iv stair rods

I hope for more sleep

6 Likes

Did I hope for sleep?

Been fed watered bled had my chesticles sounded meds given and now I know that my portable machine is connected by WiFi to the computer and it emails the nurses if it goes bong bing beep keep or other electronic panic attacks it might have

The good thing about this is that it is SILENT at patient end

Machines should all be so well mannered

7 Likes

And I bet, even without knowing what sort it is, that the security is a nightmare and it shares your very personal data with anyone who happens to be walking past. Because they all do.

yardarm

7 Likes

Well if someone wants my records I hope that they are ready to be bored rigid and that they have a long time to spend

The Bull knows the platform that the system is run on and he is content

I agree that the interweb of stuff is a bit indiscrete so I view it with a jaundiced eye

Still I will take quiet for a bit of leaky data any day

7 Likes

I have had a really bad night,so was not happy to have a 'phone call on my mobile with an machine asking me if I was my brother

Sigh

I have, again, spoken with his Solicitor’s office & asked them to deal with it . It was suggested that I 'phone Eon & tell them to contact the Solicitor (who is away until tomorrow).

I was very polite, & suggested that a) This should have been sorted by now as my brother died in July

b) It’s nothing to do with me

This isn’t a good week anyway,so I have added cross & upset to my list of woes

Sigh & Spit

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Spit indeed, dere Chatelaine. Certain persons would benefit from the repeated application of DMs to posteriors

6 Likes

I am more than willing to volunteer and have seven* pairs to choose from.

• This is not enough.
6 Likes

If it really is Eon, which there is every reason to think it is not.

Can you block that number, anyway? Unless you need Eon (if it is them, which it is pretty-much 100% likely it is not) to get in touch with you about your own energy consumption, there is no reason for them to be in touch with you.

6 Likes

I can’t remember if they had my Mobile number as an ‘emergency’ number, Fishy. It’s 3.5 years ago,& I have been to bed since .
Brother didn’t use a Mobile or have Internetty access

They have contacted me in 2 different ways now ,so the Solicitor* can do his job & Bluddy well sort it .

*This is a very scruffy setup indeed & I wouldn’t do any business with them

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

If arses need kicking I will help with this when I am fixed

It’s alarming to see every single person that dares enter the room with masks and gowns and then furiously washing hands after dumping masks etc on the way out

Thank gawds for R4

I like the pictures on it

Sanitised hugs forra Chatelaine

6 Likes

Thing is, he clearly isn’t bluddy well sorting it, and you are the one getting grief. Until he is the one getting grief he isn’t going to do anything.

If you can block the number, do; if you can’t, the only person who wants them to stop is you, so the only person who is actually going to do anything about it is you. Even if it is not your job to do it, ringing Eon and telling them to remove your number as a contact for someone who is dead, and giving them the solicitor’s number instead and telling them whose it is, may well mean they leave you alone and be worth it.

But don’t ring any number they have given you on the phone/in an email; ring the number they give at their website.

And don’t do it today when you are feeling shite!

7 Likes

I would second this, Carinthia. It’s all too bluddy much. Gentle hugs and a generous slosh of Pernod the way you like it.

Soo xx

6 Likes