So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

There has to be a way of connecting the bottle-tops to a mechanism that delivers a bracing shock to the marauding dipsokleptic.

7 Likes

A picture of me Bruvver looking all disappointed and more-in-sorrow?

[shiver]

yardarm

7 Likes

That would be an very scary picture

Add a few wires and a plug intil the mains

Can be opened safely by scanning a barcode into the raspberry pie that is in the circuit

We gin lovers must protect our supplies…

Bacon butties on the table

6 Likes

I am probably too late to protect a bacon buttie, bother it. But the DDD is very thoroughly walked…

5 Likes

I am making Bacon & Martyr Toasties using Cheesy Bread, Fishy

\________/ <----- Yer Plate

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

[innocent sidle]

5 Likes

Muffled Snork

\_______/<----- ‘Spares’

Steps smartly to one side…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’d be a bit concerned about the effect of electrolysis on gin

6 Likes

Missin’ a couple of "r"s there…

Sparrers

5 Likes

I have only just woken up! For the second time today. Meditation last night went well, I’m getting better at it again, lovely pub supper, a session with my grief counsellor this morning and Then fish & chips for lunch - yes I am being a bit spoiled - then I was knackered and had a nap. I now have a nice cup of darjeeling and some time to myself.

Er, hadn’t tried that but I did know about the NUotM cos I got an email to tell me. Very nice if a bit of a shock, I think you all must’ve been a bit too kind with your likings. Or I’m the only new user all month, or something. Or I just talk too much! What if a better one comes along in the next 17 days though? It was only the 13th.

I did not know I was Out of Love. [sniff] It sounds very sad. Hopefully I’ve got some love back now it’s another day.

Hope everyone else is OK, I’ll have a read back now to see…

8 Likes

That is useful. Son-in-law is also a gin snob (but not a bit) which is a bit daunting. I never know what to buy or to offer him. Now I have something to surprise him with.

I don’t think son-in-law has any of that, but he does have an accidental sofa. I know no-one else who has a one of those.

7 Likes

Now you’re going to have to explain that, or I won;t be able to sleep for worrying.

6 Likes

There was a leftover home-made naan going a-begging this morning. Thought it would probably be past its best so tried splitting it and using it for toasties. Surprisingly good.

5 Likes

Tonic sofa (to go with unexpected gin)?

6 Likes

Where the L would you find that?

6 Likes

The Thing I Always Say about gin: try a blind test. That’s why the Aldi London Gin is now my tipple of choice.

6 Likes

He was awoken one morning by a man banging on the door, wot had come to deliver a sofa. SIL knew nothing about any sofa. Man said the note said he had purchased it 2 days previously in the shop next door to son-in-law’s favourite pub.

(Are you getting a clue yet?)

SIL did remember, slightly, spending a very long lunch break in said pub on the day in question. He did not remember buying a sofa. Examination of his credit card account online showed a payment for the sofa. He has called it his accidental sofa ever since.

It is, in fact, a very nice sofa. And was very expensive!

7 Likes

Ah, the things that can happen in a lunch break! Thanks for explaining.

6 Likes

Drunken sofa-purchasing seems very innocent, somehow, compared with the usual activities undertaken when one’s brain has been ceded to ethanol

6 Likes

But then, that might be the only one that left a “souvenir”, as it were…

6 Likes