So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I do not trust that chap’s intentions, Sparrer. A cad if ever I saw one.

6 Likes

Ooo I am now fretting about a wee birdie and unsavoury gentlemen

7 Likes

In which direction?

[beaky grin]

6 Likes

Hard going, Twellsy. Gentle hugs and fervent hopes for improvement, soon.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I have survived. I fell asleep when I got home though, for nearly 2 hours, and I hadn’t that that much to drink. Honest!

I probably will this evening though.

A snoring of strangers sounds like a collective noun to me. Esp useful for boring strangers.

That means nothing to me Twellsy so I’ll have to take Gus’s word for it that it’s a bit crap. I’ll take comfort though from your having been allowed a shower at last - that must be a sign of some improvement, surely? Wishing you much more improvement and a return to your lovely improved home soon anyway.

7 Likes

I have a bit of experience of low SpO2s. Who needs a pulse oximeter when the bugger is turning blue? ;- )

I shall raise a glass in your direction this evening, me dear.

6 Likes

As a wise old bird once told me

“You ain’t through
Until 'e’s blue.”

6 Likes

Being permanently stuck in 1921-30 would be a bit of a nixed blessing. Try, you’d always manage to just miss TA, but is an eternity of Smug Daily (aka Front Row) much of an improvement?

Gigglewater? Isn’t that oop in t’Dales somewhere?

6 Likes

I have always struggled to believe in Giggleswick. Even though I briefly went out with a denizen off it.

5 Likes

See also Wetwang.

And of course…

6 Likes

Tsk.

6 Likes

I think it very important that moral standards are maintained.

Just not particularly high ones

6 Likes

A largish road hereabouts is Southend Lane. It connects with a junction at Bell Green. And yes, people’s mouths do get confused about that one.

6 Likes

Things to do in Donegal…

https://www.muffdivingclub.ie

6 Likes

Further digging reveals that the village of Dull in Perthshire is twinned with Boring, Oregon

Meanwhile, in Austria…

6 Likes

I understand that the town, fed up with English tourists, now has a second sign under each of the town boundary signs. It reads: “Please Do Not Steal The Fucking Sign.”

6 Likes

My roommate is a nice lady

Lives TWO miles from the hospital

In for sleep study last night

Trying out a machine that prevents sleep apnoea tonight

I am wondering if she will manage to sleep for the parades of offspring and grandchildren and friends

And if ONE more sticky nosey brat looks at me as if I were a laboratory specimen then I will open the window and hurl the brat out

Gus please tell me it’s permitted to dispose of superfluous brats by throwing them onto a main road

They would be near the hospital…

7 Likes

I don’t think there has been any specific legislation drafted to prevent that, no. Although you are in a different jurisdiction. Check.

Well that’s less than ideal, then…

7 Likes

According to an online article I just looked at, one of the “Fucking” signs has another underneath that reads “Bitte - nicht so schnell!”.

fucking-austria3

And now I’ve found it I wonder if sickly cute twins are the result of Fucking so schnell.

7 Likes

It gets better:

6 Likes