So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Well, I have been very good and cut four sets of tin liners while I was at it. Everything weighed out. Nuts toasted. And I am now having a little sit-down before tackling the actual mixing.

Pitcher of summat restorative/water-repellent, anyone?

7 Likes

I need a pitcher of something, after my trip to Sainsbury’s earlier. I booked my return taxi (from the rooftop) got into the lift, with a very pleasant young woman (as I had time to discover) and the doors wouldn’t open when we reached our destination. Having tried all else we could think of, we pressed the alarm button. Nothing. Pressed again, and we got a pre-recorded message asking us to respond. We did respond and…nothing. The lift continued to go up and down in response to hapless customers. After several attempts, I pressed and held the button for ages until a siren sounded and the doors were (eventually) jemmied open by management staff. Probably only 4-5 minutes in total, but still. I assumed that my taxi had gone, but it turned out that the driver had gone in search of me in the store as he was concerned at my no-show and he pitched up in good time. Kind of him.

Soo xx

8 Likes

That’s an Like of horrified sympathy, Soo

I would have to be scraped orff the floor

Pitchers of Gin fer you & Gus

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Last time I was stuck in a lift I adopted a sort of perched position, above rhe corner, as if the floors were likely to open, me slide into a chute, into a pool of man-eating sharks.

I was in that condition when the doors opened, with 8 or 10 onlookers and I said “I thought you had me then, Goldfinger !” & walked, nay … sauntered, away.

I feel these things must be done.

8 Likes

I’m sure that you are right, Armrest, but I just burst out, a bit cross. This lift has form - very often ‘out of order’ but this is the first time I have been stuck in it. The last time I was trapped in a lift, my fellow trapee was the college lecher and the ordeal was, therefore, much less agreeable.

Soo xx

7 Likes

More Gin coming up

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

I picture you buzzing furiously and zigzagging out of the building, dere.

Nasty thing to happen though: glad it was a relatively brief incarceration.

7 Likes

It wozz the uncertainty, Gus.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Eeek Soo
That the stuff of my nightmares

I am just having a post shower pant and puff and glow!

Lovely nurse who is a Goth complete with the black rose tattoos and assorted piercings came to check me and decided that she was would make sure that I had a good scrub by helping me herself
I am clean and my hair is clean too
First shower in a week
Bliss
Now about this oxygen level…

7 Likes

I wasn’t belittling it, Soo: just glad it wasn’t longer. I got stuck in a lift at work for 45 minutes once. It felt a great deal longer, even though I knew they knew the lift was stuck with me in it, iyswim.

6 Likes

Wasn’t that Stromberg?

(Anyone with the sense to employ Caroline Munro as an assassin can’t be all bad.)

The hotel I stayed at over the weekend had a lift, just barely…

6 Likes

It deserves belittling, Gus! Much ado about nowt, as they say. Being trapped in my frock wozz much worse, tbh.

Soo xx

6 Likes

…but provides better mental pictures. A waggling sting protruding from the fabric, along with three or four flailing Beely legs.

I’m sorry, I am horrible, and me cake deserves to fail though I very much hope it doesn’t. I suppose I can afford one failure out of the four, 'cos that can be mine, but it would dent my pride a bit. House is beginning to smell rather nice, as far as I can tell. The Snot Fairy has smiled on me again, along with the Headache Elf: which is all getting a bit Old, tbh

More gin?
G xxx

7 Likes

You are not horrible, Gus! I pour beely blessings on all of your cakes. More gin would be just the ticket. For how long have you had this Lurgy?

Soo xx

6 Likes

Lovely to feel clean, Twellsy. What does the oximeter have to say?

Soo xx

4 Likes

Eleven days or so.

Thank you for the Beely blessings on the baking. It instilsconfidence ;- ) Just girding me loins to chop up the next mountain of apricots, figs and prunes. A lovely, sticky job, that. And then we douses them in brandy.

5 Likes

Dont forget to perform Quality Assurance Tests on the brandy, Gus.

Himself wants me to watch telly…

Soo xx

5 Likes

Soo

88 - 90%

So gasping is the order of the day

As is the warm wet air being pumped up my nose

6 Likes

Bored with now.

Think I’ll go and live in the 1920s.

6 Likes

That is a bit crap really, Twellers. Please do better.
G xxx

6 Likes