So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

So volatile they needed safe containment - which I have < delicate erpity > provided.

7 Likes

My roommate is asleep

And has been asleep

All night

She is in for a sleep study

Her husband is right

She Fecking well snores

Constantly

Ever tried sleeping with a rusty chainsaw?

Not easy

7 Likes

I remember sharing a room with someone about whom I found myself thinking about 5am “Gosh, it’s finally gone quiet. I wonder if they’ve died? That would be good. Oh, no, there they go again…”

yardarm

7 Likes

Thank you all for your thoughts. It was on this day last year that I started a thread elsewhere about all this and it was helpful but the support of true friends like you lot is much more so.

Great advice I suspect, from one who knows, I’ll do that. Hugs for you in return, I think we both need them.

I’m feeling a little braver than I was last night, so I shall put on my purple top with embroidered butterflies (in honour of Lou’s song), my purple glitter DMs and my new purple & olive scarf and do this thing in honour of my daughter. Then collapse when I get home.

8 Likes

Don’t reward yourself with a gin EVERY after 15 minute block TFM. It could get messy.

8 Likes

Fevvery Hugs (if welcomed) for TFM. Go well, me dear.

6 Likes

Hugs are always welcome. As is gin.

6 Likes

I’ll be thinking aboiut you TFM and all of you. You’re outfit sounds great, by the way, both in colour and design. Hugs aplenty.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I will keep the gin cool for TFM

And a keep the hug baskets well topped up

7 Likes

Being an Champion-class Candle lighter, I have 2 lit today. 1 is in the Poppy holder, & the other is in an purple glass holder.

I was awake until 5am, Pondering & sweating through the depth-charge tablets.

I resemble an boiled owl…

Hope that the cat flap is still in situ

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

There must be something called The Snoring of Strangers. It’s not a song… Hmmmm.

6 Likes

Or ‘arsonist’, as the charge sheet had it…

Pore Carinthia: that is miserable. Hope today’s tablets kick in quickly

G xxx

Cat flap both in situ and in use, ta :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What does it say that I saw the “[limpet] is replying” thingy and waited around to find out the answer to this important question…?

7 Likes

Sometimes that “is replying” doesn’t lead to a reply; it just goes away again.

6 Likes

That you have little faith in my cat-flap installation abilities, probably.

I shall shortly clean up the kitchen and after that I shall be making Christmas Cake no.1.

7 Likes

Just been watching the beginning of the transit of Mercury; at least I can say I saw it! There was a brief respite from the cloud cover, but it’s back with a vengeance (with rain), so I guess that’s it until 2032 :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It has gorn completely dark here

Sigh

Expecting the next deluge at any minute

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

After you with the monsoon? ;- )

7 Likes

You’re welcome, Gus

It seems as though every leaf in Chesterfield is in my garden, & the rain, it raineth

Again

Sigh

There are still lots of road closures & flood warnings for Derbyshire & South Yorkshire . It’s not anything like that here, as the house is in a high enuff position, but low-lying parts of the town, &near the rivers, are looking a bit dodgy

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

They took off the red flood warning along the Derwent in Derby by Saturday night, but I see the Trent is now going all over the place. And when I was driving past Tamworth yesterday, the Anker was definitely taking advantage of its surrounding meadows.

6 Likes