So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

The thing is

With the stair rods

I am starving

But it’s painful to eat with the sort of stump

8 Likes

Liquid diet then, Twellsy.

Soup & Gin

Big Hugs

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

Is there a gin fairy please?

7 Likes

Oh no! I can’t believe you have another thing to cope with Twellsy, unfair beyond belief. I want to get on a plane and visit so I can give you a proper hug, but sending all the hugs you can cope with from here.

6 Likes

[flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity]

6 Likes

Talking of spam emails, as I was recently, I’ve just had one offering ‘hurricane scrubbers’. Since I don’t imagine it is possible to scrub a hurricane, this must either refer to a household cleaning tool or a very fast…

6 Likes

Dear wee birdie

Just the anaesthetic I need

Thank you all for the hugs

They really really do help

7 Likes

Well, the gin is taken care of by that diligent Dunnock, so I feel I should decant some of me nourishing lentil, carrot, bacon & tomato soup for the patient.

Christmas cake no. 2 is in the oven and the fruit for no. 3 has been prepared and is sozzling away in its brandy and orange juice. The Gushut has therefore been designated The House of the Third Stickiness. Do you think Ingrid Bergman could be convincing as Me?

Shouldn’t moan when Twellers is placed as she is, but I feel Bluddy Awful. Apart from the cake, all I have done today is take a 30 min bus ride to another part of London to do a couple of errands. Short walks to and from the stops, shops close together. Bus back home. And I am utterly exhausted. Feel as if I have been moving pianos, or perhaps billiard tables (was foolish enough to get involved in both projects in the past). Ugh. Fed Up With It, I am.

8 Likes

You are perfectly entitled to moan. Also to demand sympathy, you have mine anyway, whether you demand it or not - you have put up with this more than long enough.

I think you need gin too. I don’t need gin, but I wouldn’t say no.

6 Likes

Things must be bad - don’t fancy gin atm. But thank you for the thought, taken in the spirit, as it were, in which it was meant.

Cheers me dear

6 Likes

Flippin’ 'eck, Gus…My sympathy, for what it’s worth. I really think that you should rest, tomorrow and forra while.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Ooo I might just panic about a Gus not fancying gin

7 Likes

Not to fret, Twellsy: had I any dry ginger ale, I could murder a Horse’s Neck. But I haven’t, so tea it is.
And, mindful of a Bee’s advice, I have come to bed.

6 Likes

:kissing_heart:

Soo xx

6 Likes

Oof

I have just woken up after an 2 hour Snoozette on the sofa again

I had an Plan to go to the Post Office, but felt too shaky to drive, so had a walk up the road instead

Well done Gus for achieving so much

Liberates Medicinal

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Sometimes getting on a bus, or leaving the house at all, just seems like More Faff Than It’s Worth. Even if there are good friends and good drink at the other end.

6 Likes

You alright, Hedgers?

I might shuffle off to bed. Good nights, all.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Gin, Soo

The people at the Post Office are very nice, but sadly no booze… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I’m all right; I get depressed, but I can overcome it.

Orf to me nest.

6 Likes

Just to say that I have got home. Much sympathy, and hugs, for those in need, particularly poor Twellies. If it’s not one thing,Twellies, it’s two things…

6 Likes