So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Not always such a good thing where food is concerned…

8 Likes

You - unlike joe - have missed my point, dere Fishy. I was being Vulgar.

7 Likes

Whereas I was merely being coincidental, it appears

6 Likes

I knew someone would say that as soon as I saw it, after posting. I wasn’t betting on two of you though.

7 Likes

Oh come on TFM, I thought you knew the pair of us better than that

7 Likes

Always ready to lower the tone…

7 Likes

It has come on to rain coldly and heavily and thus the Oaf has come in and is creating havoc with my toys on the table. Who knew a row counter and a crochet hook were such objects of desire. I have taken away the Dangerous crochet hook and replaced it with a big fat blunt one which, strangely, seems less alluring. Bluddy Cat.

8 Likes

Hmm. I have now eaten all the nuts.

7 Likes

Rest assured, there’s never a shortage of nuts in the Cellar…

8 Likes

When a teenager, I bought a bar of Cadbury’s fruit and nut chocolate. Imagine my horror when I found a short, curly hair contained within. My friend quipped, ‘just be glad it wasn’t whole nut’.
:nauseated_face:

Soo xx

7 Likes

Gawds Soo

I can’t unread that…

:nauseated_face: indeed…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

The rest of the packet will be accidental ??

8 Likes

The rest of the packet was accidental.

They were very good indeed.

7 Likes

The beak-fettler suggested that sugary drinks would be best consumed with a straw to the back of the mouth.

It seems to me that this would remove the enjoyment one gets from the taste.

I don’t do 'em much, and when I do I usually follow with water.

Thoughts? Is this just a plot by the reusable straw salesmen?

6 Likes

Dentists would on the whole prefer one to be fed by NG tube, Sparrer. If he had no other comments he was mainly going through the motions and justifying his fee. You know as well, or probably better than I, the acid reactions and so on.
But cut back on those 17 cups of sugary coffee each morning, eh? Pah!

6 Likes

I have just had a real treat

The cheese and crackers are nice

Today I found out about the rich fruit cake on offer

Fruit cake and a cheddar with attitude

A great treat

7 Likes

Hurrah, Twellers. You need to keep yer strength up.
How are your sats today? (She asked rudely. Make that “I hope they are improving”)
G xx

6 Likes

I think that wherever you place the straw in your mouth, some of the sugary liquid will come into contact with your teeth. Plus, straws cause wrinkles around the mouth (I’ve heard it said). Rinsing with water seems a Good Idea, as is leaving it for 30 minutes after drinking/eating acidic stuff before brushing your teeth.

Fab!

Soo xx

7 Likes

Sorry, Carinthia. I don’t often have a chance to share that.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I’d be careful with that tooth socket & crackers, Twellsy

They can be surprisingly hard

My dentist was horrified by the state of my teeth at the last examination & thought that I had either spent the summer drinking neat fruit juice,& or eating lemons at every meal

My teeth certainly felt jagged & sharp , & I noticed that they were more sensitive since the last change in medication

He thought that I had galloping acid erosion, but I don’t. He cleaned them, & built a couple up , & they seem ok ATM.

Thank God

I’ll forgive you Soo, forran consideration…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes