So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Moaning folks

I was woken by the nice nurse

Apparently my blood pressure is low now

7 Likes

Oooo

The moon is pretty near full and is sailing on a beautiful blue sky with rags of golden pink clouds for a robe

Pretty

7 Likes

[stands in front of bag full of hacksaws, glass cutters, small greasy wads of gelignite, etc.]
Who me? I din’t do nuffink.

yardarm

6 Likes

I am rather irritated by doctors

They say that I should hold my breath when breathing

I would like to have enuff puff to breathe never mind hold my breath

8 Likes

Er?

Ta, soo. I think he was pretty much reaching for advice to give.

7 Likes

I’m sure you are not telling us the whole of that instruction! They almost certainly mean that old, old practice of getting into a rhythm of breathing that goes “breathe in for a count of x, hold for a count of y, breathe out for a count of z, hold for a count of y” and is supposed to be very good for you.

7 Likes

Sparrer

The doctor wants me to breathe in hold for 15 seconds and breathe out slowly several times a minute

I am just about gasping for air after a maximum of three seconds of breath holding

8 Likes

I do know what you mean Twellsy, some years ago I had a hospital stay that required a several pints of blood transfusion after a routine op that turned out to be not so routine, then they kept coming to stab me to take some blood and I’m thinking, ‘hang on a mo…I thought I didn’t have enough as it is’.

I wasn’t going to argue with that nurse though, she had a glint in her eye that looked like she’d eat patients like me for breakfast if I didn’t behave :grinning:

8 Likes

Start by doing what you can, Twellsy

Every second that you can add, helps, as I’m sure that you know . It’s the control of the breathing which is important,& is lost during an asthma attack .

Apparently, we all breathe too ‘shallowly’, which isn’t good fer us lungs

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I would just like it to be known that I have been banned from liking any more posts for 8 hours. This does does not mean that I do not like your posts.

8 Likes

Ach! Hang on, I’ll see what I can sort out about that.

6 Likes

Gosh, are you really using more than fifty likes a day, TFM? I am impressed!

Try now?

6 Likes

Er, not usually no. I’ve been catching up with what I’ve missed after a busy 3 days and ‘liking’ as I go. Ta everso for sorting it.

6 Likes

You have the “out of love” badge five times over, and that is “used 50 likes in a day”, you see. (It is called “Higher love” at that level.)

6 Likes

Sounds like a pop song from 1967.

6 Likes

It does, doesn’t it. sigh I expect the people behind Discourse are a bunch of defiant ex-hippies really.

7 Likes

Or a greeting in Manchester…

6 Likes

Blowing an Hoolie & Hissing it down here

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Just forra change…

6 Likes

It’s the Orsepiss Christmas Fair on Saturday

You know the one, where everyone sits outside on straw bales sipping mulled wine…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes