So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Wotta good idea…

7 Likes

Ooo beer thank you

I was knitting and having a nasty wheezing attack after trying to get to the bathroom on my own

The bathroom is en suite so I had about twenty foot to walk

Then my pharmacist friend called to visit

7 Likes

The sort of chappie with several phones and some tiny digital scales?

Not so funny. Dear Twellsy, I do so wish things were letting up a bit.

7 Likes

She does have proper tiny scales and tablet maker and pestle and mortars

All purely decorative curios now

And she is as good as I am with mobile phones and techie stuff

We are best being non techie types

7 Likes

Heavy reliance on Hyssop, I’m thinking

6 Likes

Waves to Carinthia and her depth charges ovva Sunday night.

By the way (see above) I am not knocking hyssop. Good stuff. In fact, eejit that I am, why have I not commandeered a good bagful and made meself hyssop tea? For them as does, put a saucer over it the moment you set it to infuse and then Breathe The Steam when you remove said saucer. Ittiz beneficial. In terms of taste, well, it’s not going to make a huge dint in Twinings’ market share, but it’s not actively offensive.

7 Likes

Good morning all. Well no, it isn’t all that good…

Today is D-Day.

Dentist day, that is. I was offered a choice between extraction and root canal stuff. I chose the former, since the dentist said the latter might not work anyway and I could end up having both. Plus he thinks my (single, obviously, I’m not that wise) wisdom tooth will move up and close the gap.

I’m OK with fillings but this terrifies me. Help!

7 Likes

[fevvery hugs] for TFM. 24 hours from now it will be Done.

Also

yardarm

7 Likes

I had forgotten about Hyssop, Gus

I was awake until 5am & have been up since 8-30

Am waiting forran 'phone call from the Nurse Practitioner,so not much has been achieved so far today

TFM, I have no wisdom teeth at all

We are not surprised…

Ahem

Tenters Hitched that all goes well

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Dear TFM, I am probably too late with this, but

It’s understandable to be terrified, especially for a first time extraction, but I do promise you, the fear is worse than the pain. I have had teeth removed many times during my lifetime, and none has been as bad in fact as in anticipation; none in fact has been as bad as a rotting tooth or an abscess. Unless you are incredibly unlucky, which there is no reason for you to be, the pain will be almost gone within a day, and you’ll be wondering in a slightly bewildered way why you were so afraid – this happens to me every time.

6 Likes

It is done. Took ages, the bugger really did not want to come out. I now have a swollen face but a good excuse to sit with my feet up for the rest of the day - indeed, I have been instructed to.

My list of instructions also stipulates no alcohol for 24 hours and no smoking for 5 days. I leave you all to guess how much notice I intend to take of these instructions.

7 Likes

Try to comply a bit. Dry socket is agonising: you really don’t want to court it.

6 Likes

The instructions are boringly worth paying attention to. It takes a lot longer to heal properly if you smoke on it. I promise; I was a smoker for most of my life until the heart attack (and vapes came out) and tried both ways, and without is simply better. Alcohol will hurt like the blazes if you drink it too soon, just as it would poured over any open wound, and I am unsure how much use a straw would be; I never thought to try it.

Has the dentist told you not to do salt-rinses for a day either? They were worth it after the first few hours, in my experience, because they made the site feel better. Before that they came out pink and were scary.

Oh, and whatever you do, do not use an ordinary mouthwash! ow ow ow ow ow!

All shall be well, and all shall be well, but possibly not till tomorrow morning.

6 Likes

No actual rinses for 24 hours but salt water just held in my mouth for a bit after 12 hours, is what he said.

Thanks for the tip!

6 Likes

We can do Gin Fumes to take the edge orff, TFM anna Noo Bottle of Gin to yerself fer tomorrow …

Still no 'phone call

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

They need poking wivva pointy stick, Dahlink.

G xx

6 Likes

Thinking about it, I seem to remember that salt water just held in the mouth rather than sloshed about was what my most recent one said I should do at first as well. It does clean, and did (for me at least) soothe slightly.

I have just thought of a possible reason for that: bacteria in your mouth make lactic acid all the time if they are left alone to get on with it, and brine gets rid of it better than plain water does. And acid on a wound is always going to hurt, I suppose.

5 Likes

Hi honeys

I’m

HOOOOMMMME

With a list of meds as long as yer arm

TFM

I have found a straw useful for fluids while the mouth is frozzed and swollen
Much sympathy

I have to go asap and get the broken stump of my tooth out

So much fellow feeling for you

9 Likes

Hurrah for home but you be sensible now (if you can). Don’t do anything to get you reincarcerated for a while, eh?

8 Likes

Oh, huzzah!
Hope the leopards have given you a warm welcome.
Echoing Fishy’s instuctions: be good and don’t get recaptured.

8 Likes