So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Busy day, in the hive.

Good nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Well, that could have turned out worse. Making tea without bothering to turn on kitchen light. Overfilled mug, flinched as it hit my fingers and overset the whole mug. A bit of cold water run on them and fingers appear to be fine and what hit the floor and my feet also met my footwear, so that is fine too.

Being made as I am of calcium carbonate, I get nervous ;- )

Oh, and a patch of floor is Unexpectedly Clean. Thank providence the Oaf was not around.

7 Likes

Ooh, narrow escape, Gus, for you both!

No comparison, but I just nearly shut Heidi into my dressing table. She had got into the bottom drawer while I was getting out my pyjamas and looked so very cosy so of course I left the drawer open, then came back quite a bit later and started to close it when I spotted a totally silent and almost invisible black cat still there. I’d completely forgotten why the drawer was open! She just gazed at me calmly and I tip-toed away.

9 Likes

Still grey day outside. Some birds (e.g. a passing kite) regard this as fine flying wevver. I am more inclined to consider it a good time to keep a cover on one’s gin to stop it getting diluted.

yardarm

7 Likes

Good morning all

The leopards and the moggies are seeing JUST how near the fire they can get so it must be chilly

9 Likes

Reactions to the frost on Monday night:

Fish: turns up the Pond’s heating another notch.
Bird: considers turning on the heating for the Nest, decides not to.

8 Likes

Hmm wee sparrer the parrot in residence here just puffs up her beautiful grey edged with white feathers and looks down her beak at the puddy tats huddling round the stove

Fevvers are excellent at keeping birdies warm I think

9 Likes

's’right. Fevvers.

7 Likes

That’s my type of fevvers

Bacon buttie?

7 Likes

[happy peckity]

6 Likes

\_______/ <----- Me Plate

When I finally got away on Monday evening it was 4 deg outside.

When I got back 45 minutes later, the temperature had plummeted to 1 deg !

We have a heady 5 deg ATM

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Wet 'orrible weather here

7 Likes

How unusual for the location, Twellsy ;- )

8 Likes

At least I road test wet weather for ye lot Gus!

7 Likes

Yet again I am proud of OMCB. Don’t suppose I’ve mentioned it before but, whereas she’s not exactly a techno whiz, she does get along fine with a chromebook and is quite at home with emails and a bit of internet shopping. Not bad really at 91, esp given that she only got the thing after POD died in Feb. Anyway, she just rang to tell me she’d had a scammer on the phone telling her that hackers had got into her computer and asking for access to ‘fix it’ for her. She was straight onto it and hung up on them before phoning me. Seems the anti-scammer lesson I gave her was well learned.

Well done OMCB!

9 Likes

Well done indeed. You for making sure she was primed, and OMCB herself for hanging up on the bastards. Bonus points if she told them what she thought of them in terms dear old ladies are Not Meant To Know…

8 Likes

Good for OMCB! I raise a glass in her honour.

(I needed an excuse; it’s bitter cold round my feet.)

8 Likes

I DO like the cut of OMCB’s jib

8 Likes

We have a clear comment on the weather from the moggies. There’s a new box in the middle of the living room, being totally ignored by both our boys in favour of snuggling up in front of the stove! Both of whom are confirmed box addicts … :cat:

8 Likes

Bloomin’ 'eck, that’s seriously lousy weather, then.

7 Likes