So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Knitting and toddling round drives are positively encouraged, by me at any rate.

That is what matters. I am (somewhat) reassured.

Mainly, it is really good to hear you being positive. And back home.

8 Likes

Agree strongly.

How’s yer mouth, TFM?

8 Likes

I will get on with the Bull’s jumper

I have to use my cosy corner and relish using my crafty light that the Bull made a shelf for it to attach to just beside my usual spot close to the stove don’tt I?

7 Likes

My rule of thumb when I’m getting better from a virus is to wait two days after I feel like catching up with everything before I actually try to do it. Otherwise I just turn into a wet bundle of fevvers.

9 Likes

My mouth is very sore but I wouldn’t describe it as painful. My jaw on the other hand is painful, and still swollen, I think due to the amount of time and brute force it took to get the blasted thing out. It does feel as though someone gave me a hefty thump. Paracetamol helps a lot (hurrah) but wears off after 3 hours (boo). Still, better than the problems I’m told I would have had if I hadn’t had this done - and I trust this dentist, he is brilliant.

6 Likes

One thing at a time, Twellsy , or you’ll be back to square one

2 days ago you were bathed in sweat with very little exertion

Knit, potter & plan

Make lists

Tick one thing off each day

If you do anything else, it’s a bonus

It’s Effing Cold outside, & that will not be good fer yer chestals

Behave

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I was allowed by my Gnurse to go and get bread and cheese and beer with him

I am now parked with my knitting

At least I managed that expedition which is enuff for now

Later I plan slicing an onion for cheese and onion toasted sandwiches

With salad and roast cherry martyrs on the vine and roast garlic

I am NOT being allowed to do more than that!

The Bull is quite determined to keep me at home…

I may have the urge to do lots but I know I am not fit for it

Yet…

8 Likes

That question, btw, should NEVER be asked in a Northern boozer.

Just sayin’.

7 Likes

Is there anybody here?

Oh well, all the more booze for me, then. hic.

The Oaf is sitting on the table with his back Loudly Turned to me. My failure to raise the temperature outside to a level he deems acceptable seems the likeliest reason.

7 Likes

I’m here and feeling quite unreasonably sorry for myself. So hand over my share of the booze - I’m allowed to now it’s more than 24 hours.

7 Likes

And I’m sorry to hear it. Probably not ‘unreasonably’, though, if you have a sore jaw. `That does rather tarnish the gilt on the gingerbread.
A Strong Medicinal is wot you need, ducks.

6 Likes

It is most definitely what I need. And I have actually forced myself to eat something now, which hurt - it’s not the socket, it’s making my jaw go up & down that is the problem. I have given up talking.

6 Likes

Friend came over with a Computer Emergency. I pointed out that if he had taken backups like wot I told him how to do he wouldn’t have this problem. And solved as much of the problem as there was time to, because I am not an entirely heartless sparrer.

6 Likes

The Bull comments that a tried and tested Restore facility is a wonderful tool as well as the recovery facilities

7 Likes

This is being sent away to some bunch of people to be repaired, and they do not promise that data on it will be saved.

6 Likes

At least all the data are being stored as plain old files, not some weird proprietary backup format. rsync is my friend.

Orf to me nest.

6 Likes

Rsync about, dere Dunnock?

7 Likes

Allus, you great mass of calcium carbonate you.

:zzz:

6 Likes

Snorkity Snork, Gus

Oof

Ferking Cold, but not as cold as last night

So far…

Proffers Medicinals

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have been called many things over the course of a long and rackety life, Sparrer, but that’s a new one. < tries it for size, twirls >. Aye, that’ll do. Tsleep well.

6 Likes