So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Clever little sod!

9 Likes

If only mine had shown so much discretion. He did used to glare at us if we laughed though - and it was difficult not to.

9 Likes

Did it come from Ikea by any chance? Anzac the beautiful had a stuffed toy called Kazna which was her spit’n’image in colouration and came from Ikea.

6 Likes

There’s nothing like unpredictability I like not to say.

7 Likes

I can’t find Kazna, but Jeff was a half border collie, brindle colour, and the toy looked something like this:

9 Likes

Well, only at times !

7 Likes

It happened that the toy and Anzac really were very, very similar in the placing of their colours. The toy was about a foot maybe fifteen inches long, and a really soft-toy toy; she carried it around with her when she was a pup, and wouldn’t got to her basket without it. Just like a child with a rag, really.

The toy was Kazna from Anzac, not named that in Ikea. The K was because C just didn’t quite work and might have ended up being pronounced sazna.

7 Likes

awww, lovely DDD

7 Likes

I am going slowly mad trying not to smoke, esp since it hurts. I know I can’t manage 5 days but I told myself I could surely manage 12 hours and reward myself at bedtime - 90 minutes to go. Tick, tick, tick…

As an aside, I have been sitting here wondering why dentists don’t insist you sign consent forms like what doctors do. If this wouldn’t qualify as assault, without consent, I don’t know what would.

7 Likes

How is the DDD?

7 Likes

Sympathies, TFM. Hope you get a decent sleep. Things should be much better by tomorrow.

6 Likes

Cross posted TFM

The nicotine spray is useful

I got off the fags with it…

For now gentle hugs

Bliss here

Our nice new fancy mattress is more comfy than I remembered

Happy sigh

7 Likes

The DDD was last heard from having a wonderful time in Norway, Twellies.

6 Likes

Oof

Liberates Pitcher

Odd sort ovvan day

The Call came after 5-30pm - they are 3 Nurses & a Phlebotomist short, so the woman is run ragged

Hey Ho

She also warned me about a shortage of HRT, so that could be fun…

I had to go to the Post Office to post some parcels.Luckily we have one within a shop, so it’s open until 9-30pm

I spoke with my Stepdaughter when I got back . She’s 56 today

Gulp

Liberates another Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

As seen upthread?

6 Likes

Well, that’s good. I really hope that you can follow the advice you have been given, TFM, as ‘dry socket’ izza very painful and surprisingly long lived condition. Hugs and apologies for being a dental neurotic.

Wowza! Great news and Be Good. Hugs.

Today has been spent with Auntie Joan (we luff her) and entertaining two of Sis’ old school friends wiffa takeaway and wine. Happy times.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Morning all.

Misty grey outside, wiv frost. Very poor flying wevver. Wouldn’t send a sparrer out on a day like this, etc.

yardarm

Frost on Glorious Škoda last night:

6 Likes

Good morning all

The leopards have mostly decided I am their slave who abandoned them but returned

So I had a faithful leopard footwarmer in bed

He sleeps on my feet - I suspect this is so he can be instantly aware if I do anything interesting*

The Bull is being a proper Gnurse and not letting me do anything much

This will soon change if I have my way - I have daffs to plant and celery to harvest and craft groups to catch up on and a kitchen to regain
I also want to make a couple of curtains to cut icy draughts through ill fitting doors so I need to get the fabric header tape lining weights to sew in the hem and so on

Then I have All sorts of plans for walking and swimming to get my basic fitness up!

• That leopard considers anything and everything interesting

Especially if it is a bag or a box

8 Likes

One word, don’t. Not any of it. Not yet.

8 Likes

Why?

I am better so life needs to be resumed

I hate giving in to illness and so will try to do as much as I c an as soon as I can

So for today I can measure the doors and think of bright colours to make curtains from

I can also toddle round the drive and terrace to see my celery and show the Bull where daffs are to go

I promise not to go mad and overdo things

Is knitting permitted?

Please…

7 Likes