So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Elevation can really help, as Joe says

Gin fer Soo , & wotevva anyone else would like

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Well that’s another Sunday over with.

Are you sitting up having taken your depth charges, dere Chatelaine?

6 Likes

Yes dere

I am

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

< waves >
Hope they don’t hit you quite so hard this time round, Dahlink. And that when you do get to bed, you have a proper sleep.
Love
Gus xxx

5 Likes

Waves back

Yesterday, Sunday, would have been BiL’s Birthday, so the evening was very bittersweet

That Daughter posted on FaceAche saying that he was happy now with her Mum.

I, the Nit-picking Ratbag of the Family remember her screeching at him, & him weeping when she had finally gone home.

I made his favourite meal, & we watched ‘Strictly’ together, & repaired the damage before the big Fambly Lunch* at Launays on the Sunday.

*This was to be Part 1, with Part 2 celebrating my 60th, & the Ex Fambly the following January

This, of course, didn’t happen…

Sometimes I curse my sodding memory…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

[fevvery hugs]

Saying the “nice” thing rather than the true thing can be comforting – especially in a place like Facebook where people are always waiting to jump on you for the slightest perceived deviation from conventional mawkishness.

yardarm

6 Likes

Itizz raining

Forra change

How is the Fishly Foot today ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Thin drizzly rain and light mist here. I shall keep a lid on me gin or it might get Diluted.

The Fish has bin having a lie-in.

6 Likes

Very wise of you both

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

And since the foot, though painful, is usable, I am now going off to do some constituency-office sitting in the afternoon so other people can walk about in the rain canvassing the opinions of the voters of this noble borough. (Which changed its boundaries so that I live her, less than ten years ago…)

Back this evening.

7 Likes

Try to prop it up abit & rest it if you can, Fishy

Flood warnings in Matlock again

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” – H. L. Mencken.

Also:

“the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.”

7 Likes

I have been to Lidl for a nelectric food slicer and am making a proper chicken soup using real herb celery that was pulled out of the ground by me and washed and chopped within 10 minutes

A friend is ill so I am making enough to take some to her as she has been unable to keep stuff down for a few days

Even if she drinks the liquid she will get some nourishment
Soup in the hovel starts with a whole hen boiled with barley split peas lentils and such things to get stock

The hen is removed and stripped of its meat which is shredded and put back when the carrots leeks celery and oodles of parsley are cooked

Proper meal in a bowl soup

Yon Bull bless him is worried about me making too much…

It’s only a 5 litre pot!

8 Likes

There’s a Supportive Sparrer.

7 Likes

And I threw a lasagne in the oven while the hen enjoyed the pressure cooker treatment!

Fruit will be set to steep in brandy etc today too

What else can one do on a miserable grey foggy day where you can’t see the end of the drive for fog

25metres from door to road to let you imaging our fog with extra rain thrown in

7 Likes

The packet of light bulbs which has just arrived here includes the warning “do not immerse in fire”.

I think many things would benefit from a quick immersion in fire.

5 Likes

Gawds, Twellsy

I read that as puked & almost did

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Sorry dear chatelaine

Phat Phingers strike again!

7 Likes

I can think of this week’s scripts as benefitting from immersion in fire…

7 Likes

The Ambridge Arsonist is still at liberty…

7 Likes