So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Twellsie, do tell me more about this electric food. :joy:

9 Likes

Eels?

7 Likes

Well you can use a potato to run a light if you know how…

8 Likes

“If you give me your torch, I won’t hit you with this sock full of potatoes.”

8 Likes

Corned Beef hash here, this evening. I realise that I haven’t had much to eat today, so fancy summat comforting.

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Wot a fine idea. I wonder if we have any.

6 Likes

Wonderful. Love it.

Mrs Armrest is, surprisingly, less taken.

So more for me.

Cheshire Onion Soup here.

7 Likes

It was the last tin too, so I will put some more on the shopping list

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Wasn’t our last tin.

And a couple of eggs went in to top it off.

[happy erpity]

That Fish is still out being Helpful.

6 Likes

…or overrunning the constituency with Fire and quite possibly The Sword? It probably had it coming, to be fair

6 Likes

I had some potatoes which needed using, & there is some corned beef left for tomorrow

Will Fishy have been fed ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I wouldn’t know nuffink abaht that. I’m a reformed character, me. I just have that case of dynamite for old times’ sake.

Given what a shoestring they seem to be on, probably turned out to scavenge the slow and weak. But there’s emergency food in the freezer.

7 Likes

Goodness! I do hope the Fishy Foot is better, with having to cope with such a long day.

6 Likes

The constituency office is the height of luxury, with a sofa for me to recline on with me foot on the arm. And it makes a talking point when members of the public come in for advice about registering to vote, for which tomorrow is the last day. From gout to the NHS is really not a great stretch…

Home-made samosas were provided for all by the candidate’s wife, who is a sweetie; unfortunately they were full of beans, so I am now eating spam from the tin and having a ginger drink.

6 Likes

Unhitches Tenters

Abit…

Gout is a form of Arthritis, so am pleased that you have rested the foot

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

And a tin of condensed milk for pudding? In the spirit of High Jinks in the Dorm and all that

7 Likes

Gus dere

Please desist

I had almost forgotten about condensed milk…

Heave…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

I knew there was something missing.

We don’t have any condensed milk.

7 Likes

My goodness. What a memory that brings.

Condensed milk, intensely sweet and just a tad off-white for the dipping-in of fingers. Sickly feeling followed but what a taste.

My particular memory is of my brother & I, when aged about 8, helping ourselves to a tin, opening it very inexpertly with a lever-type can opener and lifting the 3/4’s opened lid with its evil jagged edges and taking our lives … well, our fingers at least … in our hands as we dipped in until ;
a). It was empty
b). We felt as sick as very sick things indeed
c). A sudden realisation that it might be missed

Latchkey kids, eh !

(Mind you, I just had to check that I wasn’t confusing it with Evaporated Milk, ie. runny, Carnation style, which is yuk).

7 Likes

Condensed milk brings back memories of army tea

A 5 gallon flask effort mostly filled with very very strong tea and finished with condensed milk

Gawds was it welcome when stuck out on a point at 3am in winter

7 Likes