So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Wottan Handsome Birdie…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Bacon butties with fried eggs on the table

Eggs in a separate dish for the squeamish

For the record I will drink a pint of draught guinness in a place that serves it properly an NOT frozen through a fancy serpent affair at the pump

Guinness is best at cellar temp and needs to have sat for a week after delivery

AND poured in stages so it can settle

Then it is just about drinkable

Otherwise it is vile stuff

The measure used to be if you could balance a 2p coin on the head then it was a tolerable pint

Guinness snob here!

7 Likes

I prefer Murphy’s when I can get it served properly, which in my experience is in and within a few miles of Cork.

yardarm

From me bath, because I can.

6 Likes

Ah, but you are yet a mere fledgling. True enlightenment lies on the Way Of O’Hara

Or possibly not. We’ll find out in August, hopefully.

7 Likes

We will darned well try for enlightenment in the barley way

The path of the juniper is well known to have a tea at its highest point

7 Likes

I agree, except for the last bit. Funny thing, I drank a fair amount of Guinness in my youth (ie several centuries ago) then stopped, for no particular reason I can remember (perhaps because it was several centuries ago). Then last Sept I visited Dublin for the first time ever (loved the place btw) and was tempted to have one (or more) while I was there because… well you have to don’t you? And then I realised I still love it.

6 Likes

Ah, but which one?

(Only saw this the other day, so haven’t tried it yet. Watch this space…)

6 Likes

Hmm. I’m a tea addict, I like gin…

6 Likes

Blackwater make superb gin—including the Boyle’s for Aldi. Their standard “No. 5” is another favourite of mine. The Barry’s Tea version was a “special” a couple of years ago, apparently—looks like it’s been made a fixture now.

And no ants.

6 Likes

Please don’t ferget the Vodka Drinkers amongst us… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Just ordinary home-made raspberry vodka do you?

5 Likes

I’m not at all sure Tea Vodka would work, even for me…

6 Likes

Fishy, your home-made Raspberry Vodka is anything but ordinary

Dunnock

Was it you, or your Bruvver who put Fishermans Friend tablets in Vodka ?

Just askin’…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

(shifty look)

I might’ve heard sunnink abaht that.

6 Likes

I was the one who suggested it: several lozenges had got wet and formed a solid mass, so they were going to be a bit difficult to suck, and throwing them away would have been Wasteful.

7 Likes

I would rather have wasted a packet of Fisherman’s Friends than buggered up good Vodka though

Was it drinkable ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Yes!

We gave it to the Finnish Worldcon bid, since the supply they’d planned wasn’t available (I fink it may have Evaporated), but it was very pleasant.

6 Likes

Snork !

I have just spent the last hour de-coking the filter from the upstairs vacuum cleaner

It has shredded 2 pairs of Nitrile gloves

Hands now anointed & wearing cotton gloves

DrinkAnnaSnoozette, methinks

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have solved a technical problem by writing a long description of it to a bunch of busy people. In the process of doing so, I realised how to sort it. And I didn’t even have to post it! Another victory for the Tech Support Bear.

7 Likes

I have done the shopping for the week and I hope yon Bull is in an eating mood as I am in a cooking mood

Sunday will involve spices pork a bbq and a long slow cooking time before carving forks are used to render it small enough to be used in a brioche roll

I nearly fainted in Tossco

They had chipotle flakes

As a fan of the stuff that I found difficult to find I was thrilled

7 Likes