So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I’m getting lots of useful tips here, thanks joe. I look forward to hearing how the tea gin goes down (apart from quickly?).

5 Likes

Look at where they’ve got me located to do results for tomorrow’s forest rally … this could be interesting :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I have just lent $100 to a young woman in Uganda to help finance her pig rearing enterprise. She has rather an unfortunate name, which appears to suggest she has an altogether different career.

6 Likes

If not, you know where to send it.

[Stands under garden sprinkler for 0.3 seconds]

[wet draggled starvin’ peckity tseep at window]

5 Likes

Good for you! I have a couple of on-going loan schemes bought for me by two of my children one Christmas; every so often they tell me that someone has paid them back, and ask me who I would like it to go to next.

6 Likes

Meanwhile, I think I have broken the DDD; we got lost on a rainy walk and were out for a leeetle bit longer than intended, and she came home, ate all her supper without pausing to think, and is now lying flat on her side on the carpet with her eyes shut.

This may of course just be caused by the dreamy recollection of the macaroni tuna which I mixed into her kibble; I have found her Achilles’ heel! I knew she liked fish, and I knew she liked cheese, but the combination has caused the only time I have known her actively to beg for food when people were eating.

6 Likes

Same here … though that’s not saying I don’t like Guinness. I am, however, reliably informed not to drink both in one session. As the barman said in his best black pool accent "you don’t want to be mixing them … (why ?) … it’ll be to do with the ‘pebble-dashing’ " :scream::scream::scream:

7 Likes

Oh, Fishers. I don’t know what to say about this. But, well done for encouraging her appetite.

Today has been full of ridiculous but not ignorable distractions. We have largely packed (squirrel and bird food was sorted first) and must do the last-minute stuff in the morn.

Best dreams, all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I think it is probably called “bribery and corruption”. But according to the vet she has lost weight since staying here (from 26kg down to 24.5kg) and I don’t want to be handing her back all skin and bones!

4 Likes

Needs must, I agree.
Y’know (my situation is very different to yours) DD and SiL impose very precise rules…That Poodle will be staying with us, at the end of June, and I’ll go with whatever w#rks, within reason.

Soo xx

5 Likes

The Hound is a better shape than she was when she got here; more of an inward curve at the bottom of the ribs.

Meanwhile:

7 Likes

“Digesting. Please do not disturb.”

6 Likes

She looks lovely, & obviously very happy

Charge yer glasses for an Celebratory Summat:

GD has telephoned me from the last bit of their Caribbean Cruise to say that she & her partner, the lovely James, are engaged

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

6 Likes

Lovely, Joe

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

S’not FAIR!
Resident Idiot Cat came to purr and knead and whisper sweet nothings along the lines of ‘Breakfast, Bitch!’ in or near my ear. I needed more tea anyway so went down to the kitchen. As I was wrestling with a sachet of stinky but nourishing fish :nauseated_face: RIC, ecstatic at the prospect of food, got up on the dining room table to do a victory dance. This involved rubbing round a small cylindrical vase…
Yeah.
Well it didn’t break and evidently only contained the couple of gallons or so, and only three-quarters of that went on the floor. The rest was absorbed quite efficiently by some (Very Important) paperwork left in a state of semi- completion on the table.
RIC was mildly traumatised by the Bang! and the waterfall, so I told him it wasn’t His Fault, it was Physics and, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that he is a Good Cat.
He has now returned to bed with me. Fine in itself. But he has burrowed under the duvet - possibly to hide from Roaming Vases - which means I dare not so much as twitch a muscle.

Today is Officially Cancelled, hereabouts.

7 Likes

I thought cats were supposed to be careful and elegant and so on.

That Hound will occasionally walk into a table-leg that has clearly jumped out at her.

yardarm

5 Likes

Gus

Why are cats such daft yet adorable beasts?

Carinthia

Is that the beautiful girl I met years ago?

Anyway such happy news

Harrumph to the Bull

A time when I ain’t with him and he gets a gin bar as an orifice

WORDS will be had…

Sossiges and fresh bread still hot from the oven on the table folk

6 Likes

Yay, for good news, Carinthia!
I’ll raise a glass later on, in Killin.

I call that the tuck up.

See you later.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Excellent news! Congratulations to them.

5 Likes