So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

It looks lovely!

6 Likes

Cor! Atta Gus!

6 Likes

That is splendid Gus dear

I am on the home straight with my knitting

Only nine inches of scarf left to do

I hope that the wretched thing is warm and soft and just gorgeous to wear

7 Likes

It will be, Twellsy. I feel it in me bones.

The Thing above (which sort of happened at me at the Knitting & Stitching event, which has its own thread elsewhere) is in lieu of a Christmas card for the Ma. Speaking for myself, robins I can do without.
Anyway, it has now had the fabric trimmed and gathered behind the frame and is glueing itself to its neutral felt backing as I type.

6 Likes

That is a beautiful thing to have as a card type of thing

I have asked for a new jumper for Christmas

Well the yarn and pattern for it

It’s got cables and handkerchief point hem and stuff

It’s Aran weight alpaca and merino

I think I need an alpaca pair and a spinning wheel

6 Likes

You’ve got yarn-lust, dere, says a fellow-sufferer knowingly. Must say I am enjoying the idea of a couple of alpacas permanently tethered to your spinning wheel. May I call you Gretchen?

5 Likes

I knew you were One of Us.

(Well, we make an exception for Rob the Torch, mostly 'cos we like not having the nest mysteriously catch fire.)

5 Likes

I do like the embroidery, Gus. When DS was wee and we were very skint, I embroidered/embellished Christmas pressies for all of the family (cushions, paper weights, trinket boxes etc.) and many of these are still in use - 30 years later.

Anyhoo, I’m off to bed. Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Presumably because they are lovely, Soo.
Sleep tight, wee Bee.
G xxxx

5 Likes

Gin, Dahlink.

I can’t embroider, or knit

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Well I can’t dressmake or do tailoring. Or indeed trim a hat, or wear it with brio and panache.

Sigh (with a heavenward eyeroll included, gratis)

< grabs passing gin bottle, slurps deeply, totters off to feed thirsty orphans Christmas cakes, having forgotten they were on Today’s List >
G xxx

5 Likes

I have spent the evening being ignored by a lightbulb. Gin may be required.

5 Likes

Gin, joe, by the bucketful, of course. Fill yer boots - if you want boot-tasting gin; but I would just neck it, personally.
But - possibly a Toc H thing - I don’t quite follow about the lightbulb…

5 Likes

It is partly to do with That Time Of The Year. It’s one of they new-fangled LED fings wot you can control wiv yer phone. Or, in this case, not. Or more accurately it’s two of them; one perfectly well-behaved, the other not showing up in the Alexa app. They both work fine from their own app, but only one shows up in Alexa - which means I’m the only person who can control it. Not sure I can handle all that power and responsibility…

5 Likes

That sounds unduly complicated to me, dere: and it sounds as if, unwittingly, you might be an agent of the New Endarkenment. They are all around us, you know…
I feel switches, however grubby they might get and however low-tech (soz, lo-tec, for the young’uns) they seem, are not lightly to be surrendered.
< surveys switches etc in the Gushut and shudders > NEVERTHELESS. Bashing flint, too much trouble; striking a match, no trouble at all and quite fun and smells nice, but pisspoor illumination as a rule; flicking a light-switch - gooood. Putting yer domestic routines out there via some creepy eavesdropping clypebot? Makes this Luddite uneasy. Is the visibility actually any better (assuming Lightbulb II were co-operating)?

5 Likes

This isn’t intended as a permanent change! As I said, partly to do with the time of the year (a bit of party mood lighting), but also to be able to turn on a few lights in different rooms if we’re away for a couple of nights - make it look a little less obviously unoccupied (the same lights permanently on or always turning on and off at the same time is as much of a giveaway as the place being in total darkness, apparently)

5 Likes

Point taken. What you need is some Guard Chickens ;- )
What I need is sleep. And to do some cleaning.
G x

5 Likes

Thank you, Reverend Spooner…

5 Likes

Dunno. Not seen you try that last but it seems likely that you could.

Or at least an early victim of the robot revolution.

Speakin’ as a Reasonably Technical Sparrer, I like the idea but I hate the implementations. I have a Very Fancy Lightswitch but I haven’t managed to get it re-flashed with the sensible software instead of the rubbish spyware it comes with.

I’m sure she’s somebody’s daughter.

Meanwhile, the scaffoldingmen have arrived bright and early (coming out of the frost and fog like a well-funded heavy metal band). Yay.

yardarm

6 Likes

Oh, they were very good; they waited in the lorry until seven-thirty before ringing the doorbell…

6 Likes