So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

Pie filling done

Baldy knees now simmering on the range

There is a quantity of bolognese that would even fill a wee birdie

I used 750g of martyrs on the vine and a tin of chopped martyrs and 750g of mince

It will do for another meal as a dinner ding from the freezer as well as tomorrow night

5 Likes

I have had an plateful of tenderstem vegetables as crudités, wiv celery salt & Hellmanns, & will, shortly, be having an ham sandwich

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Just had B’s children trick or treating

I have a big stainless steel bowl that I half filled with a mix of sweets and I offered it to them and they were so dainty just taking one or two sweets each

I told them totake more and fill their pockets

The youngest then proceeded to fill his Mum’s pockets

That child is no fool!

Between the jigs and the reels we had a panic when our Iza cat escaped

She is a very elderly girl and would not survive long if left out alone

Sooo we had a fun time getting her out of the undergrowth of a bed of ornamental conifers

I am not up to cat wrangling on uneven groud and the Bull is not much better

But we now have an Iza (black and white jellical) happily dozing by the stove

As an in bred farm rescue cat she is positively ancient at 13 years of age

She is a very affectionate girl who puts a delicate white paw on you in bed to ask for a fuss

Is it beer o’clock yet?

6 Likes

I’m delighted to report that we have heavy rain, with gales expected any minute. That should dampen the spirits and/of the little dears.

5 Likes

We have an amber warning for wind and heavy showers

But it’s nice to dodge showers and see our neighbours

Our townland has 4 houses with children and doing a bit of silly daft stuff like trick or treat for 4 lots of children is not much - especially well mannered children who thank you profusely and are all dressed up

When all 4 lots have been I will turn off my pumpkin lights and rescue them

6 Likes

We had hail in Maidenhead this afternoon.

6 Likes

Any thunder?

6 Likes

We have had cool, wet and windy weather for the (20+) trick-or-treaters who have called on us. As ever, they have been polite, happy and appreciative and their costumes have been fun.

I’ll catch up asap. Things izz lookin’ better, fer yer bee. Thanks for kind messages :grinning:

Soo xx

5 Likes

Hurrah! Floreat Bee!
Gxx

4 Likes

If I’m spared :wink:

Soo xx

4 Likes

Seems a tad drastic…

Oh - you mean rescue the lights?

6 Likes

Nah, just peltin’ rain. Soaked me fevvers in ten seconds flat, then changed direction and soaked the other side of me.

6 Likes

The rain has stopped for now, so I am psyching myself up to going out to collect my paper.

It’s blowing an Hoolie & I will be wearing my headband

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

These are SiL’s Halloween decorations:

image0

He carved them all, yesterday, and has used them to illuminate their front path. DD says that they have been inundated with kids and have run out of treats.

Soo xx

6 Likes

How splendid!
Gxx

6 Likes

Yes - we would love him, anyhoo.

Last dose of anti-bees for me (hopefully). Carinthia - everything that could have any positive effect on the sciatica has had adverse effects on my stomach but this, also, seems to be less painful. I am very grateful for all help and kindest wishes for Monday.

Best nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

That sounds encouraging, wee Bee. Fingers firmly crossed.
Sleep well.
Gxx

6 Likes

Dear wee bee I have been chomping lots of natural yogurt and drinking lots and lots of water through my last back to back courses of antibiotics
I find that helps
Wee bees should be buzzing around happily

As for those pumpkins they are superb

5 Likes

And then there’s our wee fairy Bengal girl, also very affectionate - sometimes aggressively so: she’ll put a delicate golden paw gently on your arm, and then firmly extend all scimitars just to remind you gently not to move while she meows a greeting straight into your lug-hole at around 120 decibels :cat:

5 Likes

“This will all be much simpler once we both accept who’s the boss round here.”

yardarm

7 Likes