So, who wants to help ... to frivol in the cellar? (Part 1)

Climb every mattress
Claw every tree
Mew by every window
Till you find…

…a mug to let you in and feed you

7 Likes

Joe, I love you

Just sayin’

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Even after that??

6 Likes

Weeeeeeeeerell

Koff

Heave

Small Polite Choke…

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Anyone would think you had met a cat, joe…
Signed: A Mug

6 Likes

Probably not remembering this pefectly but someone (poss. Clive James) described Andrews’ face as being ‘angular yet oleaginous, as if carved out of polish’.

Which reminds me: I once possessed a copy of the memorably, if improbably, titled book First Steps in Polish. Bought with me own meagre resources from a bookstall at some fete or other when I was still in junior school. I was an odd kid.
My Polish is non-existent to this day.

6 Likes

No entiendo Gus

4 Likes

“The Bull is en Croute home” was wot I was thinking, me dear. I sort of collect menu infelicities and bad translations, and somehow that went straight to ‘homemade steak pie after a couple of brutally bad translations’.
Solid, warming and comforting, is a good pie. None of us needs warming exactly right now (if you tell me you are enjoying this weather I might say something regrettable), but solidity and comfort are good. I wish you both much of both.
Gxx

5 Likes

“Piwo” and “wódka” should remove the need for further steps, and indeed the capacity.

yardarm

5 Likes

I like Polish wodka

ETA I have a lapfull of Bengal washing his penis and scrotum!

3 Likes

Gus, you’re wicked and I like it :japanese_ogre:

Thanks all for the good wishes, and thanks for helping keep 3Wells entertained … she’s important to us all.

When I got home, she said there was a package from Amazon in the shed, which wouldn’t fit in the post-box: I said it couldn’t possibly be from Amazon, I was expecting a very small package from them with 4 short cables in it, it must be the pole-mount accessory I ordered from Starlink. But when I went to look, it was indeed an Amazon box:

and inside were, indeed, the cables I’d ordered:

Amazon must have recently taken on someone from HP … :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Bluddy Ell, Twellsy

I was just going to arskew how Mr Wells was, as we didn’t hear any more last night.

Retreats, in search of bucket…

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

The Bull is discovering why he was told not to even think about working for a few days…

Exhaustion agogo

5 Likes

Blue sky and sun here mean I am revelling in nice weather

6 Likes

I’m glad that you are enjoying the warmth, Twellsy. We’ve had a walk (in amongst trees) and it was fairly hot, for us. I think that we may be confined to barracks for the next few days, apart from Church and Aldi tomorrow.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Cellarati may be glad to hear that the seriously bad pain in my entire left leg which has been preventing me from sleeping or walking with any degree of comfort since last Monday was diagnosed yesterday as trouble with my sciatic nerve, and is unlikely to take longer than eight weeks to clear up. Since I couldn’t get an appointment with my GP within a reasonable time, and it seemed to be getting worse by the day, I cracked and paid to see a private physiotherapist, who has given me exercises to do (so that I don’t feel completely useless, I suspect), TENS treatment, manipulation, and another appointment on Thursday.

Oh, and my name must be Archer: she’d had a cancellation and was able to see me on the day I rang her.

7 Likes

Something effin’ regrettable!

(I did warn you, Twellsy)

5 Likes

[soaks fevvers in ice water]
[waits 20 seconds]
[soaks fevvers in ice water]

etc.

5 Likes

I am utterly delighted to hear that a pain which I should have registered will be, relatively, short-lived, Fishers! How dreadfully self-centred I must have been. Fuzzy hugs.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I am thrilled to hear about the Fishly limb being treated

Gus I adore this weather

4 Likes