So, who wants to help ... to frivol in the cellar? (Part 1)

Not sure that any/many ovvus knew about it, Soo

The Sick & Wilting Bench has been abit busy of late

Really pleased that something is being done, Fishy. The pain is sickening, (often literally), but manipulation & TENS treatment has been shown to help some sufferers.

I feel that Estonian Slammers may help too

Normous ones

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Good-oh!

Soo xx

5 Likes

You didnā€™t miss anything, Soo; I didnā€™t want to whinge about it when I didnā€™t know what it was. ā€œTime enough to worry when yer leg falls offā€ as my Uncle Richard used to remark. (He was dying of cancer at the time.)

But now I know, there is some point in saying something. If nothing else, you will all know why if I bite anyoneā€™s head off; I am running very low on sleep.

Oh, and Carinthia: she would have offered me acupuncture if it were not that I am on warfarinā€¦ Apparently that too can help. I have my doubts, personally, but different strokes for different folks.

5 Likes

Gawds, Fishy, the mention of acupuncture takes me back to the man who kept the corner shop when I was 15.

He went for ā€˜aquapunctureā€™ , to help him stop smokingā€¦

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

ā€œTurn the fire hoses on him!ā€

5 Likes

I had a course (attenuated by me) of hypnotherapy for smoking cessation, paid for by Mam. The charlatan was an infamous hypnotist, well known in Newcastle in the 1970s. I had acupuncture, funded by the NHS, performed by a consultant anaesthetist when I had slipped cervical discs. Marvelous!

Soo xx

5 Likes

I have heard a chiropractor, very much off the record, saying that they had to pretend to believe in subluxations to pass the exams but when they have actual fragile humans to work on they just do medicine.

5 Likes

I have never been to a Chiropractor. The first 2 of my 3 slipped discs (lumbar) were treated by a blind Physiotherapist.

I have stretch marks on my backā€¦ :wink:

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Neck stretching didnā€™t w#rk for meā€¦the offending discs were removed by my favourite Neurosurgeon (Iā€™ve known a few :wink: ).

Soo xx

5 Likes

Because I am a Generous yet Malicious soul, I have not one but two earworms for the Cellar.

1. Skeeter biting in the dead of night
  2. Egrets? Iā€™ve had a fewā€¦

That second could go in quite a few directions dependinā€™ on the depravity of the recipient. As to the first, on the shinbone and it itches like hell, ta for askinā€™ [martyred sniffity]

5 Likes

Have you tried anointinā€™ yer gateposts?

5 Likes

[slaps Sparrer round beak]
[pausity]
[nice worm & whisky poultice?]
Sorry about that, quite misunderstood you, thought you were one of them filthy robin lot. Itā€™s definitely an idea*.

*idea is like quality, undeniable that something either is one or has it, but they commit one to nothing.

5 Likes

They itch out of all proportion to the size of the bite, IMO

Have you used Teatree Oil onnit?

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

I have had an osteopath work magic on injuries to my spine and a hypnotist to help me stop smoking
Both worked

6 Likes

Anthisan. Ta fpr the teatree thort. Before I retire, I shall do that.
Gxx

6 Likes

Anthisan does nowt fer me.

The ā€˜Afterbiteā€™ pens work quite well - they are ammonia based, & relieve the immediate murderous itch.

I take antihistamines all year round, for my many allergies. I am currently taking 2 doses of Fexofenadine per day. I see that this is now available OTC, but 1 dose per day.

Fexofenadine has been the best antihistamine I have ever used, but I am aware that one size does not fit all.

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Whereas machine guns for mozzies are not (ok, possibly because they donā€™t exist)
Yet.
Gxx

6 Likes

Bastarding things, Dahlink.

An Austrian friend used to use the vacuum cleaner with crevice. nozzle. She hoovered the air in her bedroom every nightā€¦

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

OK Iā€™m a Horrobin at heart. Just called a bloke an effing c and gave him the finger. Flashing lights in the street, huge amount of noise, went out and asked what was going on and was told to get over it luv, he was working. I didnā€™t feel v luvvish after having actually gotten to sleep dammit. The exchange went downhill from there, ending with the above. Anyway, they went away without whichever vehicle they had come for and I have learned that another neighbour, Sean, knows Oaf as ā€˜BigTomā€™ (heā€™s not a tomcat, btw). Sean seems to be an Oaf fan.
So we were all standing about out there in our grots, chatting. Sarf Lunnon. Needs bottled. Please donā€™t tell the Ma abaht me maarvinā€™ orf.

ETA: slightly ashamed of myse!f, but still wakeful. And still cross. I do know a bloke who needs a punch in the mouth when I see 'un.

7 Likes

And now, whirlyplod.
o joy

6 Likes