So, who wants to help ... to frivol in the cellar? (Part 2)

Lynda used to be able to buy a cup of Earl Grey and a slice of carrot cake when Fallon was in charge, but now Natasha and Tom have taken over, who knows?

7 Likes

True, but yon Sparrer was asking about tea, not tart’s bathwater.

7 Likes

On one occasion they also offered her English Breakfast tea among a list of other possibilities, but she preferred “My usual Earl Grey”.

6 Likes

2 Ornery teabags plus 1 Earl Grey made an very acceptable pot of tea when I was in charge of teamaking.

Am on my 4th coffee this morning.

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

“One arsenic or two?”

7 Likes

“However, the fact that adding bergamot to tea was being done in a disreputable manner near the time of his death suggests that, while it is possible that the second Earl Grey encountered tea flavoured with bergamot, it seems rather unlikely that he would have championed it.”

7 Likes

Introducin’ the armoured zeppelin of the deep seas:

great big woodlouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnHQPkta-Q

7 Likes

Gawds, Dunnock. I was just thinking about the Fish Wives, & you unnerve me wiv that…

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

Dear wee birdie

That is scary and not good for me poo moanier

I need gin to recover from the shock!

6 Likes

Oooh, innee luvverly! Want isopod!

7 Likes

It’s too big, & ‘prehistoric’ fer me, Dahlink.

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

A perfect description of Earl Grey. Disgusting stuff.

Making tea in a disreputable manner? Has someone been spying on me making the first cup of the day?

7 Likes

I like Earl Grey tea. With lemon.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Doesn’t make you a bad Bee, dear
Gxx

7 Likes

That’s a Relief!

We’ll be seeing them, tomorrow. I checked the freezer fish drawers and there’s very little left.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I could do with a bit of cod and a bit of undyed smoked haddock for fish cakes for the Bull

Can you get some for me please dear twin?

I am waddling here tonight as I ate too much sossige and me style baked beans avec fresh bread and butter

At least the stair rods have got my appetite back

6 Likes

Steak here from a Tesco Meal Deal what I froze earlier.

Carinthia. xx

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

Red cabbage and rice.

7 Likes

Aldi fishcakes with roasted sprouts, carrots and onions. I know - stuff to use up.

Twellsy - I’ll gladly buy any fish you may require.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I have an sudden yearning fer fish pie now, Soo. Smoked mackerel pate too.

I was saved from the last by Tiny Tesco not having any smoked mackerel when I called fer Supplies this evening…

The mackerel from Lidl used to be very good too, especially when reduced by 30%.

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes