So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

Wise choice

I will put an extra spoonful in the pot to give us tea that fights back…

6 Likes

Back from the shops, having resisted the siren song of British Root Vegetable Medley.

yardarm

5 Likes

Well, I’ll set the ball rolling with…

1. Boiled beef & carrots.

2. Green onions.

5 Likes

Root vegetable medley?

Tell me more…

I have a recipe for whole roast turnip or swede that at least makes the sheep food of veg be edible by humans!

6 Likes

Uninspired, at best.

5 Likes

Have just realised ‘medley’ is a word that makes me dream of harming the user (there are a lot of them).

6 Likes

At least it wasn’t artisanal.

6 Likes

Thank you, Baldric, that will be all…

6 Likes

But it’s studded with cloves and everyfink!

You might like it Gus…

5 Likes

I was having a bit of trouble thinking of a turnip song but…

https://www.google.com/search?q=Well+I+swear+your+perfume+babe+is+made+out+of+turnip+greens&rlz=1C1GCEA_enIM840IM843&oq=Well+I+swear+your+perfume+babe+is+made+out+of+turnip+greens&aqs=chrome..69i57.1417j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

5 Likes

In the navet?

6 Likes

Genius.

5 Likes

As an innocent girl I thought several of The Village People were eminently fanciable

6 Likes

We got those green onions all over the studio, precious thing, for to keep the wild vampires at bay.

5 Likes

I like the Stones’ version

5 Likes

Did you get any beef, artisanal or otherwise?

That would have been called a ‘stew pack’ 20 years ago, & winter veg/root veg when I was a child…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

There are slices of cooked beef topside in the fridge, but the pork pie took priority for lunch because those are really not so nice if they get old, whereas cooked beef in a sealed pack lasts a few days.

And anyway, I hadn’t made any bread at that point. The loaf is on its final rise as I type, waiting to go into the oven for cooking in about seven minutes.

6 Likes

Our shopping list is being typed as I write - why is there more moth than money?

Ach a couple of days eating from the freezers won’t harm us

6 Likes

Not enough cedar chips.

6 Likes

Buggrit

Here is the N I left out!

6 Likes