So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

I had emptied the caddy into a big strong carrier bag, but I think that wet peelings may have been my downfall.
I usually take the caddy to the bin with a brown paper bag innit, Dunnock.

We aren’t allowed to use the biodegradable caddy-liners here, & I haven’t got any of the Chinese takeaway bags which I usually use, so I was emptying everything into this big strong bag…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The caddy-liners we have to buy and use are just as bad, 'cos they biodegrade.

5 Likes

And cost 12p each. As opposed to the god-fearing recycled old newspapers one used to be able to use.

5 Likes

We are allowed to use newspaper, but the bags come cheaper. If I bought a paper, it would be a different matter, of course.

5 Likes

They usually last a week though.

With the takeaway bags, it was fine as, as soon as 1 was full, I would carry the caddy out to the bin. It was overfilling & overwetting the big carrier bag wot did it

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

We didn’t buy the ones we used; we got them free from the pub after they had finished with them.

5 Likes

Have you noticed how easily distracted they have been this arvo, joe?

Soo xx

4 Likes

Well, we no longer get a rubbish freesheet, and a good thing too.

Now if we could just stop them delivering the phone book…

5 Likes

Been OTed

Entertaining to see about a grant to get the house adapted to make my life easier

6 Likes

What level? I hear OT3 is the good one.

6 Likes

Oh, they did one of those for Diana and John. Not a grant, though: they had a Department who did it all.

They installed grab-rails all over the place, which John then carefully removed on Diana’s instructions once they had been Inspected.

My father was much more straightforward about it. They wanted to put grab-rails all over the place and he simply said “no”.

6 Likes

We are still allowed to use newspaper too

I feel the old & oft used rant about differences in what can & can’t be done coming on…

We can recycle plastics numbered 1-5, & Terra-Cycle have several interesting projects with regard to the difficult to recycle stuff, including the dreaded polystyrene, but, unless it is made easy for Joe Public to do, then many lose interest.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Here they don’t admit to plastic numbers in the “mixed recycling”:

• Cartons: beverage cartons, soup, milk, juice etc.
  • Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
  • Shampoo, body wash and mouthwash bottles
  • Household metal materials: foil, aerosols, bottle tops, jar lids
  • Tins and cans: food tins, drink cans
  • Glass: bottles, jars

Which I suspect is “plastics 1, 2 and 5” but they won’t admit it.

6 Likes

I mean the number in the triangle embossed on the bottom of many of the containers.
Drinks cartons don’t get put in here, as there were very few places up to now which would deal with Tetrapaks & the like. There is a special container for them at the tip, so they get stored in yet another bag in the garage, until I go.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Fishy

I am happy to accept all help going to help me have be as independent as I can be

a certain Chatelaine persuaded to put my pride away and let folks help me

6 Likes

Independence is all very well, Twellsy, but the building blocks have to be in place.
It’s no good if the people trying to help you have to park 3 miles away… :wink:

I am Harrassing the Recycling, & itizz raining…

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I don’t think that I am going to frazzle myself watching/listening to the election night programmes tonight/tomorrow.

It used to be the Carinthian thing to do, with Mr C, & BiL, & I can shout at the Radio/TV any time I like… :wink:

I have been busy in The Cupboard, & have, I believe organised sufficient Gin fer our lovely Soo.

I hope that the weather is kind, & that you enjoy yourselves.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

And presumably at least four times a week…

[vodkity] forran Deserving Chatelaine, and orf to me nest.

5 Likes

S’not the same anyway, Darling, because Covid. Results will trickle in.
But aye, shout at the buggas, loud as you like. I shall join in.
Gxxx

5 Likes

Mornin’ all. It’s sunny out there. And warm. [suspicious lookity]

yardarm

6 Likes