So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I got a phone call from Sudden Daughter, who was on her way from Hither to Yon (and we definitely don’t ask why) and wanted to drop in on the way past. So we sat in the garden at proper social distance from each other and had a cheerful chat, and she says she is going to come over one weekend and use our pressure-washer to clean the stoep and some hedge-clippers to get the fuchsia under control. I think she disapproves of disorder.

5 Likes

The post office where Sudden Daughter is living is open only two mornings a week, and has as many as 150 people queuing to use it by nine on each of those mornings. She had to join them once to get the renewal from for her Cat C driving licence, which cannot be renewed except using a form from the post office, and I have suggested that coming to ours half an hour’s drive away would probably be quicker.

6 Likes

How lovely for you both

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We made an error

I was half an hour late for the dentist and needed to re make the appointment!

BUT

SQUEEEEEAAAALLL

Alpacas

WANNA alpaca!

Fishy

Send the sudden one to our hovel

I would love to see anyone try to impose order on our wild bucolic garden

7 Likes

You think you’ve got problems…

Or how about a nice afro?

On which point, I’m sure I remember these on Top of the Pops, sometime in the early 70s:

While this must have been Whistle Test:

8 Likes

Not all post offices have all relevant forms. The one up the hill might be a better bet. This is all on their web site.

5 Likes

I love the long haired chicken

7 Likes

All of those the same breed, believe it or not!

6 Likes

Wow

Though I still like the silkie you have Joe

7 Likes

Hair. Tell me about it. Now this guy has problems with his hair … & his backside and hsd a recent 'art attack.

But someone should mention the hair.

6 Likes

A friend of mine has the sort of hair which looks as though she has wet it, & plugged herself in to the nearest socket…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Cheers, dahlink.

actually, I badly need re-empoodling.

6 Likes

The silkie? You’re playing favourites??

6 Likes

Only on appearance which can be misleading

My hair problem is windy weather when my hair escapes and has a wild time knotting itself into a state that defies brushing or taming

7 Likes

Mine is simply growing into my eyes, which I think can probably be dealt with by the application of nail-scissors.

6 Likes

I’m not sure it’s just your hair that defies taming… :wink: And quite right too!

7 Likes

Hair cutting scissors, Fishy

I need an Medicinal or 3 now :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We’ll be onto the c*mb next otherwise.

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]

7 Likes

I heard your sharp intake of breath from here, dear.

7 Likes

[thankity] Dunnock

Me Nerves are shredded enuff as it is!

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes