So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Me Glass:

Just to help me sleep, Carinthia. So much stuff to provide alternatives to peaceful sleep, atm, for many ovvus. Best nights possible, Cellarites.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Waine or Gin, Darling?

Last week was Shite on so many levels
Lettuce hope for much sleep & Better Elf this week

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

A virtual glassful of Waine and a bucket of Gin, thank you. Iā€™ll try the recumbent trick for sleepage, now.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Have just ordered a Noo bottle shelf from Amazon Smile

Ā£29 is far better than a Noo 'fridge

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

If bakers are able to make a 3lb loaf why do I have diffs making a perfect 3lb loaf?

I will crack this problem

5 Likes

Because you arenā€™t running a Bakery, perhaps ?

Iā€™m not really sure why you see it as a problem, Twellsy

Why do you need a 3lb loaf, for 2 of you? It wonā€™t be nearly as good tomorrow.
Most bread abroad is priced per Kilo, & here the standard loaf size is for 800g-1kilo

Iā€™m not getting at you,honestly, but I canā€™t see why you would use so many ingredients, & so much time,for summat that you are never quite happy with , when you make so many other lovely things

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

At the very least it should be a bit blasted cooler.

Orf to me nest.

5 Likes

Tsweep Well, Dunnock

Slightly less Wonky & with much less pollen would suit

Tablets taken

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Have you seen the ovens they use?

4 Likes

yardarm

inspired by

TOOL LUST

I want one. I have no possible use for it but I want one anyway.

7 Likes

I think you should have a sparrerday present. You never know when you might want to cut down an irritating inch-thick branch of gorse blocking the front door.

5 Likes

The Fish tempted me.

(Actually I got the slightly more powerful version that uses the same blade.)

5 Likes

I NEED one of them

For what I have no idea but I lust after one
And nobody say a word about bread cutting.

7 Likes

The only use we ever found for the (wedding present) electric carving knife was cutting bread straight out of the freezer to make toast with.

I donā€™t know what happened to it after the three or four times we needed it for that forty years ago. Possibly it never came back after ir was used for a school fĆŖte hog-roast.

5 Likes

Dear chatelaine I like proper butties made with bread the same size as shop bought bread

So I have a 1500g loaf tin and I am determined to make a perfect loaf with it

Joe

I have one of these to do my mixingā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ll just shift this bit over 'ereā€¦

Why yes, I think some beers would be a good idea while Iā€™m waiting for the TINY CHAINSAW to arrive.

5 Likes

We too had an electric carving knife as a Wedding present 40 years ago. I used it quite a lot at first, & then less, after the Darlings left.
It was, & still is absolutely brilliant at cutting blocks of foam down to size.

NDN at the camp site uses hers to cut through gateaux & the like.
She has an electric slicer for bread & meat

Yes

I know

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have an electric slicer for bread and meat

We also had a neltric knife as a wedding present

I have no idea where it is now

5 Likes

I think they were very fashionable for a while as a thing to give awayā€¦

They still exist on Amazon, half a dozen of them at less than thirty quid plus electric kebab slicers ā€“ which look like something for stripping wallpaper and cost a great deal more.

5 Likes

See, there was this time the Hydraulic Press Channel people decided to see how fast they could peel an appleā€¦

5 Likes