So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Well, look at the reactions of this shower. I’d say she’d be well in there.

8 Likes

Oi! I represent that remark…
Soo xx

6 Likes

I think you should probably take it as a compliment, yon Sparrer being quite keen on rain…

6 Likes

I’ll happily be a drip amongst Good Company, Gus.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Well, I know I’ll be in good company so :slight_smile:

There were two ladies (out of 12) sitting the same exam I sat - well, one was about 14. Getting an early start …

7 Likes

The best.

Lou had a fascinating evening once chatting to some chap on an antarctic survey ship. There is good fun to be had - enjoy!

8 Likes

It sounds fab, TFM. What a wonderful experience!
Soo xx

6 Likes

I marinaded the chicken fillets in Nando’s lemon & herb, & cooked them in the oven. They were lovely with the D A P S

There is enuff of the salad to have tomorrow wiv prawns thrown in…

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Sounds lovely, Carinthia xx. I baked some seabass and we ate it alongside stir-fried baby corn, mange tout, broccoli, chilli, ginger, spring onions etc. Needed using up. Mr Bee had a mound of rice with his, as evva.

We’ll be ‘popping around’ to a friend’s house, in the morn, to receive instructions on how to care for two house-cats for a few days. I shan’t be taking Poodle around to meet them :wink:

Time for bed. Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

The stew wasn’t ready so we had cheese-and-onion omelettes and home-made bread.

6 Likes

Not a shabby meal, by any stretch, Fishers.
Soo xxzz

6 Likes

Paella was not bad and it grew into enough for a second meal at the weekend

Am I the only one who finds a meal like paella or risotto grows in the cooking?

8 Likes

That sounds delicious, Fishy, & the stew will be even better after a nights rest.

Am musing about cheese & onion bread, now…

Gin, Soo

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

[vodkity] for them as does, and off to me nest.

5 Likes

Thank-you Dunnock

Tsweep well

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Nope - rice will do that (also lentils, for them as does)

One day I’m determined to recreate the mirtilli & gorgonzola risotto I had in Novara last year…


Meanwhile, I am distinctly pissed off.

1020 Monday (Irish time) - parcel picked up by FedEx in Kyoto
0935 Wednesday - parcel at FedEx depot in Kilkenny, having travelled approximately 15,000 km as the crow (or parcel) flies, passing through Osaka, Hong Kong, Dubai, Grace-Hollogne, Paris and Shannon.

I have wasted a whole day sitting here waiting, having been informed it was due to be delivered “by 6pm”.

The depot is a twenty minute drive from here…

7 Likes

Hard to bear, joe. So is my earworm:

Especially the yodelling bit, which has completely destroyed any notion of sleep since 04.28.

Morning, all, as and when,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Arthur Brown still going strong, last I heard. Regular guest with - and intermittent member of - Hawkwind

The compulsory trivia question: Name the drummer seen (but not jheard!) in that clip?

6 Likes

Drachen Theaker.
(I cheated, but you’ll know that!)
Soo xx

6 Likes

“About 12 years ago I got a call from Robert Plant’s agent. He told me that Robert would love to get someone like Arthur Brown to sing with on tour and asked if I could recommend anyone. I said, ‘I’m pretty like me and I’d love to do it.’”

yardarm

6 Likes