So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I worry about myself, sometimes. However - the kitchen is sparkly and clean and won’t need doing for an awfully long time.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Proffers Gin

Mops fevered brow

Goes forra lie down…

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

I am unwell and someone’s spring cleaning kitchens at me!wee bee have a gin or three and relax

7 Likes

Depends. How much Drink have you taken?

6 Likes

Sorry, Twellsy xx I’ll not be pointing any more housew#rk at you for a good while.

Soo xx

7 Likes

30 seconds of torrential rain here in Cambridge. Now passed on.

6 Likes

It got very dark and blew hard here for about half an hour earlier, with heavy rain; now it is light, the rain has stopped and the trees outside are moving a bit but not in the wild way they were earlier. i can’t hear any wuthering, which there definitely was last night and earlier this afternoon.

6 Likes

Thank goodness for that wee bee

I am a slattern who can find at least ten things to do before housework

My roommate has a large family and they are discussing football
I dare not turn my headphones up higher if I wish to retain my hearing

Aaargh why must families en masse pollute sickrooms to make it really hellish?

The Mammy is sleeping

7 Likes

Still got to be better than the Plague Pit, Twellsy

Carinthia. xx

6 Likes

Blue sky to the north, and the sun is out!

6 Likes

I hate to tell you this but after that happened here it went dark again and the wind got back up, and now it is proper howling, and the rain is back. The local met office now say we’ll be alternating between gales & severe gales until Wednesday.

6 Likes

It has stopped raining, & I have rescued all 3 Bins

There are now potato peelings adorning the front garden

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

How horrible, TFM. I’m loath to say this out loud, but we appear to have had a very easy time ovvit - compared to many. No sign of Ratty.

Soo xx

6 Likes

We’re used to it, soo. When these things happen often enough you have ways of coping with it. What seems to be unusual about this particular storm is not the severity, we get far worse, but the duration. Ciara appears to be the type of guest who doesn’t know when it’s time to leave.

6 Likes

I hope that you’re rid of her asap. Don’t tell her we (usually) have an open hive policy, please.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Guests and mackerel stink after three days.

Does anyone else recognise “If it’s mackerel it’ll stink by London”?

6 Likes

The only quote I know linking mackerel with London came, I think, from ISIHAC, R4 anyway. A little gem of information - ‘St Johns Wood is the only London tube station that has no letters in common with the word mackerel’.

I feel my life has been enriched by that knowledge.

6 Likes

There are very few London tube stations without the letter E, as well, or I think there aren’t but cannot really be arsed to check.

6 Likes

I knew that too - gawd knows whence - but am afraid I don’t recognise Fishy’s

Cleared briefly here but blowing like mad again and wet and horrible. Yet here I am (briefly) in the pub. Because need of internet I can talk to easily about tomorrow’s journey.
Wish me luck.

7 Likes

I have faith in the Gusly powers over the web

Snow warning with more wind for us

7 Likes