So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

You crack on with shifting thst bronchitis, dear Twellsy. I look for good news on that front on my return.
Gxx

6 Likes

Hoolie & rain again here
Itā€™s going to be another long nightā€¦

Sossinges are being cooked in the ovenā€¦

Steps smartly to one side

Waves to Gus & orders a pint of Summat Niceā€¦

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Found it! Itā€™s the one line Tamzin has to say as an owlerā€™s boy in the film called Marsh Fever, in The Summer of the Great Secret. It was driving me nuts. More nuts.

6 Likes

First Sossinge for Fishy

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Yum! Thank you.

6 Likes

[swooooooopity] [peckity][peckity][peckity]

The drive to Cambridge and back was pretty easy: a bit of standing water, a few buffets by the wind, but nothing one wouldnā€™t expect to encounter at least occasionally.

Good luck to the Gusly Voyage.

6 Likes

I donā€™t believe it, the boat sailed this evening! I mean, Iā€™m glad she did anā€™ all that but Iā€™m also glad Iā€™m not on board.

7 Likes

Nothing, nothing could persuade me to board that boat, TFM. Ermā€¦cold sossingesā€¦Iā€™d enjoy them for that short period before expulsion, I suppose.

Tomorrow, those birds will have no sustenance from we bees. Pore fings!

Kindest wishes to Carinthia, Twellsy and others ailing. Iā€™ll buzz off to bed. Best nights, all.

Soo xx

7 Likes

I would love to be on the ferry tonight TFM

I likes rough sea

Standing and drinking beer at the afflicted seasick ones is fun

7 Likes

You mean that you wouldnā€™t fall orff the bar stool?

Amazingā€¦

Am about to take me tablets

Donā€™t ferget yer Gin, Soo

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Iā€™ve always been cursed by seasickness. Never suffer from it myself, which means I always end up having to look after those who doā€¦

7 Likes

Take care tomorrow, Gus
Thereā€™s still a lot of wevver about

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Reminds me of me honeymoon. The weather had gone through but it left a lot of sea behind (and took a certain amount of railway with it).
There was much puking going on, and much suppressed giggling on my part. My new-wed husband did his best to disown me. Just those few hours too late.

Waves to our ailing ones. Good luck with the tablets, dear Chatelaine. Keep on with the whole breathing thing, Twellsy, and REST.

7 Likes

What is it about honeymoons, eh? Our ferry to France acquired an hole innit trying to dock in Dover, & we had to wait for hours in one of the fairly nasty & more or less closed cafes at the port.

It was called ā€˜The Merry Dophinā€™, if memory servesā€¦

We arrived in Paris very late indeed

Hey Ho

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

I was the one who returned from honeymoon in a wheelchairā€¦

7 Likes

Me too. And me too, for different reasons.

Neither TFD or I have ever suffered sickness but my problem is that Iā€™m hopeless at staying on my feet when walking about on a boat in a rough sea - and I cannot get through a nearly 4 hour sailing without needing a wee at some point. Plus, when you do manage get to the loos they are full of people throwing up revoltingly.

I usually go for sitting and eating a full cooked breakfast at them. They love that.

7 Likes

Now now, dere, no boasting.

7 Likes

Full cooked breakfast goes well wivva

yardarm

7 Likes

The wind has dropped abit here, but itā€™s Ferkin cold

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

We just have rain, though there was a certain amount of fast-moving air during the night.

6 Likes