So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Another wafting our chatelaine to bed and sweet dreams

6 Likes

Good nights to all Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Good night, Bee, good night all.
Yrs, horizontally
Gxxxx

5 Likes

Good Morning from Carinthia in Carinthia

I went to bed at 11-45pm, which is 10-45 in English money,& slept for 7 hours

This izzan Good Thing

Orff fer breakfast now

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Thattiz also a Good Thing, dahlink. What’s the breakfast menu like?
Gxx

[wanders wistfully kettleward]

5 Likes

Mornin all. Vaguely livable wevver for a change.

yardarm

5 Likes

I am glad to be able to report that

TA DAH!

I have no trace of gout at all this morning; even the redness is passed.

I’m so glad there has been a yardarm; I shall drink to that.

(Though in fact, given what my diet actually is, I doubt very much that it had anything to do with the gout; that a medication known to have gout as a side-effect may have been the cause just seems so much more likely.)

7 Likes

Yay That Fish!

But I will helpfully drink all yer beer ‘n’ port just in case. I’m kind that way.

5 Likes

What a Very Good Piece of News, Fishers. I am delighted for you and am pleased to drink to your better health.
Chin-chin!
Soo xx

6 Likes

I hope that Carinthia is having a Grand Time in Carinthia.
We have just watched a very old episode of Escape to the Congteenong, and it was Carinthia.
There is a theme, here, but I’m sure that we all wish our Chatelaine a Wonderful Time.
I’ll bee off to bed,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin Soo

I have been knitting and weeding and being a bore today

5 Likes

I have been Beyond Knackerated today, but have effected an entrance to the Poorly Awning (AKA Clinically Dead). I will move into the caravan tomorrow

Liberates Summat Strong

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Today ‘Project Kitchen’ will finally be completed.

The glass splashbacks, individually manufactured, are to be fitted and the tap we sourced from far away lands will go on.

Then I can sit back and put my feet up on a poof and watch the cricket.

I shall celebrate Fish-without-Gout and Carintia-von-Carinthia not to mention other things, which by definition I won’t mention.

Bacon barm cakes are being offered.

7 Likes

(Which aren’t actually proper ‘barm cakes’, a treat from my youth. It seems they used yeast as a by-product captured from the brewing industry which is now deemed illegal on elf grounds. Such a shame).

6 Likes

Oh be fair, Armers: barm cakes were a scourge and we all sleep a little more soundly in our beds for knowing that our baked goods are at last free of renegade yeasts.

Now, tell me more about this poof…

Hurrah for custom splashbacks and furrin taps and the Grand Opening of the Surprising Kitchen. We are all invited, I take it…

7 Likes

Shall I bring some pig pies to the grand opening?

I can throw a hot water crust together and let Ken mince belly pig while I chop pig shoulder into chunks and boil pig feet for jelly

7 Likes

Count yer arms, Twellsy dere: only I fink someone might have had one of 'em off in their excitement.

Naming no names, natch.

4 Likes

[trundly] [trundly]

yardarm

5 Likes

Hurrah! and good for you and the surprising Mrs Shanks, Armers. I hope you and the kitchen have a long and happy relationship.

I have never knowingly had a proper barm cake, so I shan’t really miss them. I wonder whether the less-solid nature of modern Marmite is a result of the same health worries.

5 Likes

Good afternoon, Cellarites.
Well done on the completion of the Surprising Kitchen, Armers.
Our Dear Chatelaine is having a parlous time ovvit, having found the calling cards of mice in the awning. Lysol is being deployed. No doubt she will find time to power-up the waptop, later. Beer Should Be Ready.
Soo xx

5 Likes