So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Our Turkish lunch did not disappoint, I am happy to report. Fabulous food in clean and stylish surroundings. Very reasonably priced. I am inspired to do something a little similar next weekend, for DD and soon-to-be-SiL. I would like to make a nice flat bread or ten - do any of you have a foolproof recipe you’d share with a gwateful wittle bee?
Soo xx

6 Likes

I don’t have such a recipe, but I am delighted that the lunch went well! And I am glad to see, from “fabulous food”, that you enjoyed it.

4 Likes

It was amazing to be able to buy a small glass of house wine for £3.95 too and, for DiL, a double G&T for less than £6. Cost is not everything, but I have grown tired of being ripped off by central city establishments and it was good to feel well treated, iyswim.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I do. I dislike paying twenty quid or more for something I could make better at home and which would cost about a quarter that price even allowing for the cost of energy to make it with.

(And you wouldn’t be able to buy an omelette as good as one of mine for any money, even in France.)

5 Likes

Your omelettes are legendary, oh Fish.
The sheer variety of fresh vegetables used in today’s lunch would have been difficult to replicate at home, without wastage {{{shudder}}}. Yup - we’ll be back.
We expect friends to arrive in a few minutes. Just forra drink anna natter. One of them is Neil’s sister, so we’ll discuss or distract, depending on how she is feeling.
Soo xx

4 Likes

That’s true

Fishy makes the best Omerletty & an Austrian friend makes the best Scrambled Eggs

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

… & I’m claiming the best Roast Potatoes.

… & beef, and lamb, gravies.

5 Likes

I’ve had excellent results from this:

Oh - and thinking about the bee tattoo, might it have been the one that was done to raise money for the victims of the Manchester Arena attack? That was very tasteful, thought:

https://www.2br.co.uk/news/local-news/2297391/hundreds-of-people-get-bee-tattoos/

4 Likes

No, it wasn’t the Manchester Bee, joe. I’ll try to find the one I liked so much.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Just browsing - there are some incredibly lifelike ones:

Or you could go for the Full Jill…

4 Likes

Having one that was too lifelike would mean people saying “oh! Mind out! Keep still: there’s a bee on your arm!” for the rest of your life, I feel.

5 Likes

I quite like

but then I’m a bit strange (and not, in general, fond of tattoos, at least for meself).

5 Likes

Nowt wrong with having hollow legs…

4 Likes

Soo, I might be able to help tomorrow on the flatbread front, if you aren’t feeling madly purist about the endeavour

Glad lunch was good. We are on the whole in favour of Turkish restaurants. Gxx

5 Likes

You haven’t had mine yet :angry:
Mwah, dere Chatelaine
Gxx

5 Likes

That Fish won’t say it, but Scrambled Eggs au Poisson are Not 'Alf Bad.

(edited 'cos I had forgotten me French genders ‘n’ stuff. Shut up at the back there.)

5 Likes

That is bluddy fabulous.

Anyone got a good squashed ladybird for the Gusly buttock at all?

4 Likes

5 Likes

So I understand.

A battle of giants, that would be - pans and utensils scurrying to dark corners, thunderstorms, the full works.
Would need a Valkyrie style pinny for that one;- )lobby / pinny. This machine is unhinged

5 Likes

joe dere, you are a resourceful man. Mainly an evil man (professional courtesy, that) but undeniably also resourceful.

Poor little bóín Dé . Shame, I calls that

5 Likes