So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Was that the Nigerian fidel82 or the Peruvian one, I wonder. Are you going to give the BBC a rocket?

4 Likes

I am planning to ask them why they require me to give them my data so that I can listen to their broadcasts of a free service (the radio) and then can’t take very basic precautions to protect it, yes.

He is demanding $822 in bitcoin; one might be able to find out where he is from by looking at exchange rates and see where that would be a more even number, if one could be bothered.

4 Likes

Only $822? All I can say is, your imagination can’t be all that wild. How very disappointing.

Wonder whether there will ever be a squeak about this from the been itself (I am assuming that you haven’t been singled out and that there will be lots of these emails floating about)
Private Eye?

4 Likes

I wrote to them a couple of days ago about something else (a Government website that was Not Fit For Purpose), and I don’t want to bore them.

4 Likes

Hardly. Bitcoin’s value bounces around all day as the previous lot of suckers pump up the price and then dump their holdings by finding new suckers to sell to.

https://www.gdax.com/trade/BTC-USD

It doesn’t help matters that most people claiming to turn bitcoin into real cash are actually converting it into USDT, a completely separate cryptocurrency, nominally backed by and exchangeable with real money, but actually trading at about US$0.90 as even the suckers who bought it gradually notice that there hasn’t been an audit since the operation began, nobody has ever actually seen the literal billions of dollars of cash that supposedly back it up, and oh dear, better sell before anyone else notices.

(If you feel anything vaguely positive about cryptocurrency, read Attack of the Fifty Foot Blockchain, written by a mate of mine.)

5 Likes

So you reckon it’s simply random, and more or less a gamble whether it will be a lot or not?

4 Likes

Depends on how swiftly the recipient turns it into something that non-stupid people actually want.

5 Likes

It may or may not be of high value when it goes into Fidel’s account, was what I meant.

4 Likes

Talking of which, sultana scone, anyone? Just out of the oven.

5 Likes

Looks longingly. Proffers date & coconut flapjacks in exchange (or will when they have cooled sufficiently)

5 Likes

Ker-twoinggggg - wheeeeee - ker-plunk!

There yer go. Reluctantly, will pass on the flapjack this time. Bags two when you have non-coconut ones on offer, though :pig2:

4 Likes

Muses upon the fact that the rather turd-shaped nut roast in one’s oven is unlikely to tempt either Gus or joe to barter. Holds out plates, regardless.
_/
_
/
Soo :yum: xx

6 Likes

Ker-twoinggggg - wheeeeee - ker-plunk!
Incoming, Soo. They are rather inclined to crumble, so make sure That Poodle is available for hoovering duties

I am very fond ovva good nut roast, dere Bee

4 Likes

Consider it done!

3 Likes

Had Roast Beef at the pub’ & then an Snoozette for an hour

BiL slept for 3.5 hours

I made up a double bed with fresh linen & had to sit down afterwards - I looked as though I had been caught in the rain ! Pleased that I didn’t attempt to get home

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ærodynamic pastry - I sense an under-explored field.

Also had a snoozette; yesterday was great, but a bit tiring, & then I woke up early.

[pourity] forra Weary Carinthia, and oh there’s some left over forra sleepy sparrer.

5 Likes

Kell shok!
Soo xx

5 Likes

Well…this izz deffo the simplest nut loaf I have evva made and it was easily the best. I didn’t hold out much hope (the available ingredients were limited).
Ker-twoinggggg - wheeeeee - ker-plunk! ovva reciprocal nature.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Why are my plates so inadequate?
Answers onna postcard.
Soo xx

4 Likes

On the subject of aerodynamic wotsits, this is the week of the Big Adventure. Paris on Wednesday, Aberdeen Thursday and Friday, Vienna Saturday then home on Sunday. Not a prospect I particularly relish…

Anyone got any tips for decent beer in Aberdeen?

4 Likes