So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Epic Fail.

The door was off, they arrived, and I had to leave to have bluds done at the doctor. Before I got back twenty minutes later they had taken the cardboard from around the new fridge freezer and discovered that when unswaddled, it could be seen to be dented and scratched in a way that the deliverers at once saw was not acceptable. So they took it away again, saying that one in better condition would be delivered tomorrow.

They were gone by the time I got back. I am told that they were surprised at not being shouted at, but how futile would that have been? It clearly wasn’t their fault.

So I shall be woken again tomorrow, at the same time no doubt, to be given a new delivery slot. Argh, on the whole.

5 Likes

Gawds, Fishy

Share an Slammer or 3 ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Good thought. I don’t mind if I do.

I am just hoping that tomorrow is warm, since we have to take the door off again.

5 Likes

Passes Fishy the valium

5 Likes

< hopeful meeping >
Drugs forra Gus?

5 Likes

I hoped the fish would share

sfx rootling in a drug cabinet

Aha!

Passes a BIG bottle of diazepam to Gus

6 Likes

Thank you, Twellsy. And please take your nice antibees and stairrods and Get Well Soon.
Next time, ensure the young men with whom you play o’weekends have first been boiled, for purposes of asepsis

6 Likes

Thank goodness they didn’t try to pretend the fridge was not damaged or that the damage was in some way your fault. Then, shouting would definitely have been in order!

Argh indeed, sorry about that, very annoying.

5 Likes

Meanwhile, what of you front door?

5 Likes

We-ell, it’s not chucking down yer akshual sner or anything, but nevertheless it was Put Back On (rehung being, I believe, the technical term) sans grub screws. And we can do it all agane tomorrow.

4 Likes

They called me over to say, in effect, “oh nugger, you don’t want that one do you”.

6 Likes

Excellent. One has to be a bit careful when renting a car, I find, to make sure all the dents and scratches are marked on the form or you can get blamed for them.

5 Likes

Goodness, how busy you’ve all been! And, yet, shall be!

Sympathy for Twellsy’s poorly chesticles.

I have been scoffing Turkish grub with our DS.

Soo xx

6 Likes

At least now we know we can get the door off and on again.

5 Likes

You’re the Resident Door-Fettling Experts, that’s fer certain.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Always look on the bright side of life dear wee birdie eh?

6 Likes
4 Likes

Or for the more cynical among us…

4 Likes

Gawds - fear the fridge, Fishly-Dunnocks, izzall I can say.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I shall buzz off to bed. Today has been one of ups and downs. I need to sleep on these.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

6 Likes