So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Small mercies, dere: a yellow handbag is never a good thing…
Facetiousness aside, that sounds bluddy 'orrible, and I hope that you will find yourself improved A Lot and the next flare-up very slow in coming. Bah! to it, dere Chatelaine.
G xxx

4 Likes

Absolutely Bah!
I’m glad that today has presented better health, if poor health provisioning, Carinthia.

That Knee seems to be mending, Gus - I hope.

We had an interesting walk, today, in that we got a bit lost and ended up on a very long forestry track eventually leading onto the main and rather fast road, uphill, downhill and around the many bends. I had left my walking pole in the boot of the car (as per) so Mr Soo fashioned me one from a pine branch. Bless him, as I could not have coped without this. Further to his credit, he acknowledged that I have far greater stamina than he does as he was peggin’ it by the end (it has been Very Warm here) and I wasn’t. We had a very enjoyable meal at the Tayside Marina - scrummy seafood - and listened to *Steve Reich on the lovely drive home. No deer were harmed.
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJWO2FQ16c
Soo xx

4 Likes

And with that to look forward to tomorrow, I am for my bed.

3 Likes

A custom-made stick: what a spoilt and cherished Bee you are. No, well done that Drone for pole-whittling. Glad you weren’t irretrievably lost
Knee is functioning, thank you. Not as per spec, but it will do. Got me out to get a prescription (for the cat, I hasten to add). Massive diversions because road closure. Dunno what all that was about - I had better do some reeee-search. No one made me a stick ;- (

All sounds very splendid, dere Bee: I am glad you are enjoying yourselves and leaving the deer unharmed
Gxxxx

4 Likes

I have a hand carved blackthorn stick with a dog as the handle

I bought it myself from a nice craft fair

The carver cut it to my length before I was allowed to take it

I am glad that our bee is having fun

As for our chatelaine do I need to rev up my broomstick?

Now who has the cure for overeating?

I did huevos rancheros for dinner and I ate too much

I think it was the fourth poached egg that did for me

6 Likes

Bluddy hell, Twellsy, you’re made of stern stuff.

Pitchers over here please, PDQ, to revive a fainting-yet-slightly-admiring Gus.
Gxxxx

4 Likes

That would be Heave-Hos Rancheros then…

Hang on to yer guts, Gus

Administers Medicinals

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Immoderate snorking has ensued.

As to hanging onto me guts, something needs to. You might be just the right person to direct me to a good whalebone warehouse and discreet Foundry, dahlink, wot wiv yer professional connections and all.

Failing which, it will be ‘Pass the harpoon’, I fear.

G xxx

4 Likes

When I was a child, my Grandmother used to go to the Spirella Corsets Lady…

I called them Corsicks, & wasn’t wrong…:wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Wot yer want* is spun diamond filaments.

* in an engineering sense rather than a practical one

Looks like a slightly warmer day here. And a promise of a thunderstorm on Monday! I bet it doesn’t happen, though. They always cancel at the last moment.

yardarm

5 Likes

I promised myself a trip to the zoo when tbe weather was nice & I’d done my chores.

We, it is & I have, so I am.

It’s only 20 minutes away. I can almost smell the elephant dung.

5 Likes

I have a leopard sweetly purring while dozing on my lap…

5 Likes

No leopards. The lions wete thete but sleeping but there were cheetsks & jaguars …

…and a baby flump born less than 24hrs ago.

5 Likes

Today is the Great Pecorino Hunt; I am cautiously optimistic. If successful, carbonara will happen.

4 Likes

oh dear, a surplus of eggs again, joe?

4 Likes

As ever! Not the reason, though - just love carbonara, and it’s very quick to throw together. Only problem is sourcing the pecorino; people keep suggesting substituting parmigiana, but the recipe I use calls for both. (An’ it’s from a proper Italian cookbook an’ all)

Meanwhile, there are toasties on the go using my last batch of rolls - any takers?

4 Likes

We have received a demand for money before a (completely unspecified as to content) parcel from Sweden will be delivered. £13.02 (I think it is) plus a £11 charge for administration.

The reason given for this is “VAT dues”.

Last time I looked, Sweden and the UK were still in a customs union: how can they be charging us VAT on something from a country with which we share this?

I mean, yes, obviously they can, because they are; but what is their justification?

I shall be actually angry if it turns out not to be something we’ve ordered.

4 Likes

Parcelforce. The worst parcel courier in the UK, except for all the others.

5 Likes

As someone who worked on contract for Drop-it, Hide-it, Lose-it … (DHL) & also in Cargo Handling at Heathrow, Gatwick & Manchester for 12 months I can, without fail, tell you that UP-Shit-creek (UPS) are, hands down, the owners of this award.

Not even including your very wise words ‘except for all the others’.

5 Likes

Not in my experience. I found them pretty reliable and, relatively speaking, a pleasure to deal with, as recently as about five years ago. By which I don’t mean that they suddenly became awful, but that it stopped being something I needed to worry about.

4 Likes