So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I have been reading the Brentford triangle trilogy books

I find more humorous observations of life with each reading of said books

5 Likes

Robert Rankin seemed an excellent bloke when I met him, but his books are too relentlessly funny for me.

5 Likes

I get yer drift in re: perching, Gus. Though I bows to a stomach-footed expert in Hanging On.

yardarm

5 Likes

A Guslet marches on its stomach;- )

5 Likes

Gawds

I thought you had written Gusset 'til I put my Spex on…

Veh veh strong coffee required

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

There’s always one, isn’t there?

Coffee sounds an excellent plan, Dere.
Gxxxx

5 Likes

Am gathering meself fer the drive to BiL’s - said I would be there in daylight, but there’s not much of that around today !

I am taking my all-time favourite Purple/Silver & Black Silk Suit for tomorrow’s Late Lunch Party

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Drive carefully, Carinthia. You’ll look sensational in that suit and I am hoping that others will run around after you, so that you won’t become exhausted.

We bees are preparing for the arrival of the prodigal. Mr Bee is vacuuming (displacement activity, I call it) while I am sitting comfortably on the beely bot. I’ll clean the lavs, I s’pose, although that would provide more enjoyment if they were sparkly. More food and drink will be bought, this afternoon.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Here I have been to Aldi and purchased more Cotswold crunch flour

It’s luvverly and as a special it’s not around for long

I get a lot of frustration out on making bread by hand you know

6 Likes

Good nights, Cellarites.
I shall be the hostess with the mostest, tomorrow.
Soo xx

4 Likes

A textbook example of “doing exactly what it says on the tin”.

As used I. Alas the state of my skin these days largely precludes such activity :frowning:

5 Likes

That’s a bugga, joe. Eczema? Not that it is any of my business.
Thwumping bread is good for the soul, and one’s enemies, who get strangled slightly more gently (wiv floury prints round their jugulars and carotids to help out the slower type of Plod)

4 Likes

‘pestered by a Norwegian folk fiddler’
That’s what R3 just said.

Grieg was the pesteree, for them as likes Facts.

5 Likes

It’s none of mine, either. Whatever the reason, I’m sorry that your skin is giving you problems, joe. I had eczema as a young person and it was the bane of my life.

Soo xx

4 Likes

“But Professor, those prints were of no human shape!

yardarm

4 Likes

Liberates Emergency Pitcher

I wasn’t ignoring you yesterday evening, but I arrived to chaos, & it took some settling…

Local Daughter was here & screaming like a Banshee at her father

Her partner was plumbing in the Noo dishwasher

I made Prawn Cocktails before Strictly & then cooked Steak, Mushrooms & Potatoes afterwards

I am loading up with medication before we go out this afternoon…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Did he deserve it? Enquiring minds need to know.

I very much like the vision of Grieg being pestered by a Norwegian folk fiddler – I wonder how he (or possibly she) manifested. Knocking on the door at all hours? Playing plaintively under his window of an evening in the snow hoping for admission? Turning up uninvited on picnics?

Joe, I am sorry about the state of your skin. Sending a a calaminely thought at it, that’s what I am.

6 Likes

Oh poor Carinthia

Famblies can really hurt each other can’t they?

I am getting my pent up emotions out on garlic baguettes to go with salad and cheese for dinner

6 Likes

In case you might be at risk of malaria?

[pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

Y’see, that counterbalance suggests the partner is not unused to this.

I assume this was done “IN BLOCK CAPITALS”.

5 Likes