So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Tsweep Well, Dunnock

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

How are you dear chatelaine ?

6 Likes

Was absolutely shattered after my short trip out, & I have things I want to do tomorrow so I am trying to organise myself abit

Stepdaughter has driven up from Cornwall as it is her friend’s funeral tomorrow. 28 years ago, when they moved to Cornwall, I represented her at this friend’s little girls’ funeral so it’s going to be a tough one

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Your stepdaughter is going to have the best thing she could have with her

You

So look after yourself

Gentle hugs

6 Likes

I’ll let her lead the way, Twellsy

She must do what she needs to

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Happy sigh.

I’ll be thinking about you, Carinthia.

Soo xx

3 Likes

Orf to the Frozen North shortly.

yardarm

5 Likes

Thoughts for a chatelaine on a sad day

Joe that sparrer has abandoned you so I will rev up my broom to deliver a hot fresh delicacy - a proper Ulster fry

With a sneaky bottle of Old Comber

5 Likes

Good luck. It IS a tad chilly today, but that tends to slow down the circulation so we’re all a bit slower than normal (I know … imagine !!).

I hope we’re nice to you.

6 Likes

Right Joe Brunch is served

I had a “heated full and frank exchange of views” with the security man who seemed to think I should leave my broom at the door

Who leaves a flying broom where anyone could steal it?

And it is the most efficient means of travel round the hospital

I think some medics and gnurses were a tad startled to see me flying with my scarlet cloak streaming behind and my good tackety boots on to kick folk out of my way

I even managed a nice rich chocolate fudge cake as well as the fry and whiskey

Now what have they done to you today?

And do any gnurses need percussive education in how to look after you properly?

I am always happy to do such further training to medical staff

And ancillary workers…

5 Likes

Doing my bit for ejukayshun myself as it ‘appens. Pstudent gnurse (on final year placement) allowed to attach robovampire to ankle. All very exciting…

5 Likes

Gawds

It’s years since I heard the words ‘tackety boots’

Have had an Flying Visit, which was lovely

Am not going to the funeral after all. Stepdaughter is meeting 3 former work-colleagues, & they are going together.

I’m upright, but not great, & I don’t want to be hanging around at the Crem.

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’d like to see 'em try. Bad for the sensitive bits, that would be.

(Sparrer in North)

5 Likes

Dear wee birdie

Them as tries to nick my broom find they have more sensitive places than they thought they had!

4 Likes

Azza fully competent Nurse Bee, I clearly require no re-training, Twellsy. Bzzzzzz.
I am wondering how joe izz doing, likewise Carinthia and our Hedgers, nearer to my cold oop north sting than it might wish.
Soo xx
ETA: it might be noticed that yer bee izz embracing the notion of Januhairy.

5 Likes

I’m here, Soo

Stepdaughter called to see me after the funeral/funeral meats

We aren’t sure what will happen the rest of the weekend- she has arranged to see a couple of friends, but it isn’t exactly a ‘jolly’

She admired my Noo Knitted Cotton throw, which was delivered today .It is getting a test-run this evening as I am Flumping on my sofa

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Enjoy the Flumpage, Carinthia. You very much need it. Mr Bee and I intend such, tomorrow. I have needed to slow him down, iyswim.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Yerss, I can imagine , Soo

There was no known cause of death for Stepdaughter’s friend, & a special Death Certificate had to be issued, so that was very traumatic ,& caused delays.

We couldn’t have SiL’s funeral for 6 weeks, because of the murder enquiry aspect ovvit,& that caused untold distress.

With my Father, 3 years ago next week, it was timing/pressure at the Crem which meant a delay of 20 days.

I hope that you can both gather yourselves a little, this weekend

Have a Hug

Anna Gin

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

We all have our ways of dealing with grief, I suppose. Mr Bee and I will present a uniited front for M’s 6 grandchildren and her many friends and family members . A Good Night of Sleep will be invaluable.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Well, I still have (most of) the leg - though they did carve out a fair chunk on Thursday afternoon! The upshot was a drastic improvement in bloods and the first decent night’s sleep since I was admitted.

Fitted with a robovampire (oh all right, a suction dressing) today, which seems to be doing excellent stuff.

Now just the waiting game on the kiddleys…

6 Likes