So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I did that a few years ago, and kept only the useless potato peeler; but some people seem to like that design, so it is occasionally used by a visitor.

5 Likes

I like these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Peelers/Vogue-Swivel-Stainless-Twister-Kitchen/B00237VUR0/ref=sr_1_16/259-9767478-3151442?ie=UTF8&qid=1553103064&sr=8-16&

Others prefer
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Starchef-Y-Shape-Peeler-Slicer-Vegetable/dp/B07FMXLTZ4/ref=sr_1_5/259-9767478-3151442?ie=UTF8&qid=1553103064&sr=8-5&keywords=potato+peeler

5 Likes

I prefer choice number two and it is the only one available chez bee.
Soo xx

4 Likes

If I visit, I’ll bring my own.

5 Likes

I’m with the Bee on this.
Himself viewed any but the primitive, fixed and imo useless, version of the gadget as some kind of personal affront/Spanish plot.

This class of a yoke.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Double-Potato-Peeler-50203/dp/B00HDFHCBU/ref=sr_1_9?adgrpid=51929014263&hvadid=259086304777&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9045880&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2479301448832634147&hvtargid=kwd-2213705294&keywords=potato+peeler&qid=1553104140&s=gateway&sr=8-9&tag=googhydr-21

They aren’t completely useless, I suppose. One can core apples with 'em. But on the whole, pah!

We were a three-peeler household. Still trying to work out where the garlic crusher came from: I don’t hold with them at all.

5 Likes

Cruel and heartless Fishy: I can tell a Dunnock from a Labrador.

5 Likes

…the bread knife…

Mine definitely has a gypsy soul.

6 Likes

I’d be delighted to welcome both you and your tattie peeler, Fishers.

Soo xx

6 Likes

If we ever get that far North I will hold you to that!

5 Likes

:grinning:
Soo xx

3 Likes

Slammers, please

I think that I have sorted out the wretched 'phone

Hallelujah

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Starvin’ tseep.

Meanwhile, atta Carinthia.

5 Likes

In the hovel I leave things where I am using them and before I get back to them they magically have washed themselves up and put themselves away

I will happily feed wee birdies wot are deprived if cake

I have some all butter shortbread caramel squares that need a home before the Bull finds them

First come first served

Poor wee birdies are suffering the hungry gap so need fed extra

6 Likes

Sounds like sensible demarcation lines, Twellsy. Our lines have become somewhat blurred, as Mr Bee izz actually becoming more of a cook. Hmmmm. Dinner wozz fried sea bass, boiled teeny potatoes and steamed broccoli with a lemon, butter and caper sauce. I made the sauce, he did the rest.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Sounds lovely, Soo

Clever Mr Bee

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

The sauce wozza Triumph - a Triumph, I tells ye!
And, anyway, he hazz been well-tutored and I refuse to wash dinner dishes. I must w#rk on the demarcation lines.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I am now making a beeline for bed.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Gin, Dear :honeybee:

I’m on the Vodka

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I learned most of me cooking from That Fish. Then I got inventive.

(There izzan Experiment in the fridge at the moment…)

5 Likes

Goa way? ;- )

5 Likes