So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

I’ll bee off to bed, wishing you all best dreams and gentle rest.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I need a good strong drink as I have the taste of the stuff used in root canal dentistry in my mouth and it’s horrible

5 Likes

Here you are:

Plenty of taste to counteract that horrible dentistry. Sleep well.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Thank you wee bee :honeybee:

Your relatives are feasting on the snowball tree and the cherry blossom in our garden

I love the way that they have panniers of pollen

6 Likes

I’ve been opening me windows in the morning and welcoming the occasional misdirected bee.

(They’re more misdirected after they’ve found the mead.)

5 Likes

Now I wouldn’t claim to be totally on top of PACE 1984 as amended but that sounds more like pre-Wolfenden entrapment to me (‘notebook at the ready, Sergeant’)…

Sparrer, wot are you up to?

4 Likes

Same here but going absolutely crazy for the unremarkable flowers of my laurel hedges. In the recent sun there were hundreds. I’ve no idea where their hive is.

… & the conservatory is attractice far too many bumbles. Daft beggars won’t be helped out either.

5 Likes

The bee makes the honey… my mad Swedish mate makes the mead… I drink the mead… circle of life innit?

yardarm

5 Likes

Makes sense to me.

The Fish Quay calls, today, as it will be raining everywhere and the Quay is perfectly tolerable in the wet.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Bacon butties ready

Scary sky here - it’s blue not grey

Should I worry?

5 Likes

Um … He’s not mad, he’s Swedish.

4 Likes

I think he is a bit mad even by Swedish standards.

5 Likes

I have met Swedes too, you know.

4 Likes

Have seen rather more wasps than I would like, but none inside, Thank God

I need to go out at some stage today, but am waiting for a parcel,so hovering (!) within earshot of the doorbell

Very wearing… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

That would be > 0 ?

5 Likes

I will have to fire up the Wasp Toaster…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

\_____/ fer hot buttered wopses

5 Likes

You have a use for defunct wopses, Gus?

How 'bout if they have been Eradicated by a Fish and there’s pretty much just a small plume of nasty-smelling smoke left?

5 Likes

My much lamented late MiL had the particular knack of being able to slice a wasp in two with a palate knife. I witnessed this feat on several occasions. Mr Bee, usually a total softie, found a parasitic wasp sneaking around the entrance to our masonry bees’ nest and the Radio Times was employed with impressive vehemence. Thwack! Thwack! Thwackity-thwack!

We had a good lunch on the Fish Quay and spent shedloads of money in the Monger’s. The Knitting Fishwife was asking after you, Carinthia xx

Soo xx

5 Likes

Ooh

Lunch at the Fish Quay

Happy memories, & of The Knitting Fishwife too

One of my favourite days out

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes