So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Today is clearly not a good day.

About half an hour ago I shifted out my little bedside chest of drawers to hoover behind and under it (badly needed, and I found two pencils, a biro and a felt-tip lurking there which is all to the good), got the big suction hoover over there to use in the corners and on the skirting, and it had been on for about fifteen seconds before it cut out. It is now Dead; and the hoover repair man up the road is “not in the workshop” at the moment.

Bah!

3 Likes

This may be a Stooopeeed suggestion, Fishy, but put a Noo bag on it, & check the belt

We have all got so used to ‘bagless’ vacuum cleaners that we can forget about the little things which stop them

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I have never owned a bagless hoover, and I had emptied the bag before I started. Not sure about the belt; would that cause it to turn off completely without making any sound just before going dead apart from the normal? I’d expect an unusual noise and possibly smell too.

3 Likes

Possibly, Fishy

Mine sounds & smells different but yours is, I think an ‘Hoover Senior’ & the belt twists round a sort of pin(ion) at the front …

Gawds, that’s Techie for me today

Declines on Chaise

My upright bagless vacuum cleaner has a belt at the side , & 3 filters

I can almost see SpotSorryBot smirking innits corner…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Spot does look disgracefully smug, but since he can’t get into the corners at all, he can’t talk!

I have a Lakeland Hand Held Turbo Vac for the stairs, which was totally full and wasn’t allowing me to get the dirt out (I could see it through the transparent case “so you can see when it needs to be emptied” but wasn’t able to get it to open), and had to be Sparrered; then its little hose pulled out of its guts and that had to be Sparrered as well. I started this ten-minute job at midday and it may get finished within the next hour or so…

3 Likes

Smug is right - he growled at me last year, when I tried to plug in my Waptop

Bluddy Territorial if you arsk me…

Erm

Calling That Sparrer

:beers: promised

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

He is about to go upstairs and out of his comfort zone; he is going to have to venture (gasp) under my bed

3 Likes

Lights Candle…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I dunno, I just go up to a misbehaving piece of kit and whisper “if I can fix you, we won’t have to call in Feral Techie”. Then it works.

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Lights, Candle, Carinthia!

4 Likes

Bit short on ‘Action’ though !

28deg here, the gardener has been & I am sneezing for England

Flump

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Cecil B. DeSparrer?
(“Bring on the empty threats”)

3 Likes

Sixteen thousand oranges?

Wearing a wet headband here. When it dries, which takes about five minutes, I soak it again.

4 Likes

Afternoon Medicinal, Gus ?

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

That, dere Chatelaine, is a fine idea. I think That Fish could use a Bracing Summat too.
Bottoms up! Speaking purely figuratively wrt my own, you understand …
Gxxxx

3 Likes

Long dead Austrian friend who could actually speak rather good English back in the day got Dazed & Kungfused one evening, & instead of ‘Bottoms Up’ we got ‘Up your Bottom’

Sigh

Slammers, methinks

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I had a gorgeous surprise today at crafty group today

We save rally stuff for a residential case of ABI who adores rallying and he sent me a pound of chocolates :chocolate_bar: and a beautiful card

I have grit in my eyes

Beer might help

3 Likes

Very dusty, wot wiv the heat ‘n’ all.

:sun_behind_small_cloud:
:parasol_on_ground:
:beers:

4 Likes

Would WR be a hooverless bag?

3 Likes

That must be the problem dear wee birdie

My phone now just predicts wee birdie after I type dear