So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

yerra brave and active Fish. Not wishing to be any class of a wet blanket here but did your endo-wizard tell you to cease and desist should it end up making you feel like boiled shite, though? Because that should have been explicit but might not have been voiced.

4 Likes

He did. He twinkled at me and said he would trust me to stop before I fell off the exercise bikeā€¦

4 Likes

I know. But what can one do?
OH put up with my chubby jacket, this arvo. He is, I think, growing accustomed to the idea that the Very Warm Clothing already in Oneā€™s Collection is preferable to ought else on the streets. Mind you, we are talking Newcastle - well I am.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Ah, is that one of those northern cities where the nice young ladies prove how 'ard they are by going out in mid-winter dressed for Honolulu? (Iā€™ve seen 'em in Liverpool and Harrogateā€¦)

6 Likes

Iā€™ve seen 'em in Liverpool
Iā€™ve seen 'em in 'Arrogate
And by 'eck, yon lass
Needs a shove through a narrow gateā€¦

5 Likes

He doesnā€™t know you very well, does he ?

Dunnock, do have an Hug, & this Bottle of Gin wot I got out for you when I was getting Sooā€™s ā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

[delicate shlorpity]

Actually I do trust That Fish to stop before falling over and floating all sideways-like.

Dunā€™t mean I like itā€¦

5 Likes

Habsolutely no comment hwatsoever.
One question, though: does A Fish really, truly need a bicycle?

4 Likes

I meant to put a ā€˜consideredā€™ wink by my last postā€¦

Because one desperately wants to be/feel well, one sometimes tries to push things too quickly

I heard another Physio trying to explain to someone that she would prefer him to do 5 lots of 5 minutes of specific exercises, & still be upright rather than the whole 25-30minutes, & be done in for the rest of the day. He wasnā€™t happy

The Late Mr C used to get very tetchy if he couldnā€™t exercise - which for him meant playing sport . His GP stopped playing squash long before he did, & he was 20 years youngerā€¦

He had no truck with ā€˜slow & steadyā€™ though , & slow walking used to give him backache

I think that you probably have to vary things abit though - 1 of my customers was abit gym-obsessed, & would spend 90minutes ā€˜just working on her shouldersā€™

She did look remarkably like a Shot-Putterā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I am glad you have a consultant who does twinkling; much more reassuring than the po-faced variety ime. If he could just now work out what the beegledy hell is going on with the Fishly metabolism, that would be perfect.

4 Likes

Our Fishy izza ā€˜One Orffā€™, innit ?
Deploys Proud Fontā€¦

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

With you, dahlink, in principle, but Ide say The Fish is one Orfe

http://www.pond-life.me.uk/otherfish/coldwater/orfe

5 Likes

Considering temperature preferences, I reckon itizz a Tropical Minnow.

Sky about half blue today, force 3, good flying wevver.

yardarm

5 Likes

Neat Gusā€¦

Ooh, an Yardarm

Thank-you, Dear Dunnock

An BM would be good

Carinthia. xx

5 Likes

Aaah. Liverpool. The city where no-one has ever said ā€œdo you think thatā€™s a little young for me ?ā€ ā€¦ ever.

5 Likes

Does that look like a minnow?

I mean really?

5 Likes

Flump

Time for another BM, methinks

One of the ā€˜spindlesā€™ has come out of the Recyling Wheelie Bin, & the lid was flapping about in the windy weather

I have effected a temporary repair, using left over bits of dowel rod which will do until I can get the Council to come with a Noo part

Everywhere, both inside & out looks slightly scruffy

I will close my eyes to it fer nowā€¦

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Last time that happened to us, it was 'cos the bin-men had casually torn it off while taking it to the lorry and back.

I have been looking at halls for hire for a boardgaming thing later in the year, and found one thatā€™s painfully expensive but otherwise perfect. So thatā€™s where weā€™re goingā€¦

5 Likes

I have had 4 replaced so far, anna Noo Lid for the black bin

Ouch, Dunnock

Havenā€™t hired a hall for years, but vividly remember counting heads to see if we were going to break even, in the past

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Hi honeys outta my way - the gin lake needs me in it!!!

I got my spex back

7 Likes