So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Never was one more welcome. Up till some ungodly hour making corrections to a score then, when I finally get to bed, the eejit next door decides 8am is a good time to start running heavy machinery.

4 Likes

Yer want the lads round, joe?

ā€œDonā€™t annoy the dunnockā€™s bruvver,
Or youā€™ll cause sadness to yer muvver.ā€

5 Likes

Canā€™t say the idea isnā€™t temptingā€¦

4 Likes

Morning

Does your bruvver deal with edakes dear wee birdie?

If so send him here

Thetre are bacon butties made with nice smoked bacon and my home made loaf in itā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah, but not in a way youā€™d like.

[peckity] [peckity] [peckity]

4 Likes

Ooh, the steaming great git. Pore joe.
Also pore Twellsy.
We had early scaffies this morning. Like little mice, they were - if the mice in question were equipped with RNEPsā€¦

4 Likes

You sure they werenā€™t working with the latest iteration of Project Plowshare? I put very little past scaffolders.

5 Likes

Iā€™d forgotten Plowshareā€¦
ā€˜Scaffiesā€™ is binmen in Gus, and also in Scots. Noisy barstewards, but you couldnā€™t call them tardy, not today.

I too put v little past scaffolders, but sort of in a good wayā€¦

4 Likes

Ah, fair enough. Our dustmen tend to be quiet-ish, though it certainly helps that we sleep at the back of the house.

One night shortly after Iā€™d moved in here I was woken by a repeated grind-crunch, grind-crunch. It turned out to be fairies up on the hill with floating red and white lightsā€¦ or the remaking of the track on the railway embankment.

5 Likes

Ah, fairies who wear high-vis vests and steel-capped boots. I hope you leave out saucers of beer for themā€¦ Bad Things might happen else.

5 Likes

Yer donā€™t disrespect fairies round 'ere. They get whimsical.

5 Likes

And the less said about that, the better.

Back to the file-faceā€¦

5 Likes

Dear wee birdie I am at the stage of seeking euthanasia for meself

Can yer bruvver help me?

Or do I go to Switzerland?

4 Likes

Just spread cake crumbs over yerself (sossinge fat will also work) and go outsideā€¦

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

That wasnā€™t a ā€˜Likeā€™ like, like, Twells, more an expression of impotent sympathy

5 Likes

Urgh. There is a big chest of drawers in the bathroom, into which all kinds of stuff has been stuffed over the years: cosmetics, ungulates, random pharmaceuticals, trinkets, gadgets and - for reasons that are now hard to fathom - such items as a ā€˜lots of tools in oneā€™ set of pliers with picks and blades in the handles, a set of measuring spoons, a small corkscrew, a Mod rubber duck and a wind-up torch. I am supposedly Sorting It Out this afternoon. It is not going well, or rapidly. And all these pots and bottles and tubes with long-dead substances in them - they are recyclable, but I suppose I should remove the gloop first. How, and what to do with it?
I do realise this is a) pathetic; b) ridiculous; and c) flailing around madly for an excuse not to get on with it, but just - urgh.

4 Likes

My sympathy on the chest of drawers

Any flavour of cake dunnock?

3 Likes

Landfill, and let God sort them out. Give them all to one of the nice men there and ask him where they ought to be put. The alternative attempt to empty them all into a black sack for the landfill and then recycle the tubs and tubes is too dreadful to contemplate. Though ones which are definitely pharmaceutical drugs should really be taken to a pharmacy in a large plastic bag so they can dispose of them safely (and when you hand them over you can claim you have been clearing out someone elseā€™s house when s/he went into care, or somethingā€¦)

What on earth, and what size, is a Mod rubber duck? I have a daughter who collects the small sort of rubber ducks, the ones three or so inches long, but I have never met a Mod one.

4 Likes

It is one of these, dere Fish:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Present-Time-Bud-Duck-Medium/dp/B000OC3C5Y
It was a Christmas stocking present for Himself, a long time ago.

I have in fact started emptying all the tubs and tubes of cosmetic or ungulant gloop into a plastic sack. When it changes colour or starts emitting coloured smoke, I shall let you knowā€¦ Not so bothered about the pharmaceuticals - mostly OTC (although there are one or two, shall we say, ā€˜curiositiesā€™) and probably still fit for consumption and purpose. In Further News, a fistful of euros and a pack of four cabinet scrapers (why? when? who?) have been added to the ā€˜Randomā€™ haul

And I have enough pristine cosmetics brushes to open a small shop. This mystifies me slightly as I have always been of the ā€˜garm it on any-old-how and hope for the bestā€™ school of thought when it comes to slap

4 Likes

What you have there is the ā€œAnything Butā€ drawer, writ large.

I see that it is an M.O.D. duck really. Does it still float?

3 Likes